The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 28 Silver members and three Associate members. Linux Foundation members help support the development of shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation in some of the world’s most successful open source projects including Hyperledger, Kubernetes, Linux, Node.js and ONAP. Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world’s largest open collaboration communities.
Through 2018, on average, a new organization joined the Linux Foundation every day.
“Linux Foundation members understand the importance of collaboration in order to further advance open source and open standards,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, the Linux Foundation. “Innovation no longer happens in silos, and I am looking forward to working with these 31 new members to promote growth across every industry.”
In addition to joining the Linux Foundation, many of the new members have joined projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, the Ceph Foundation, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Hyperledger, LF Edge and the Zephyr Project. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. New Linux Foundation Silver members who joined recently are:
- Akatsuki Inc is Japan’s leading mobile gaming company.
- Alluxio Inc is the world’s first system that unifies disparate storage systems at memory speed.
- Aricent is a global design and engineering company innovating for customers in the digital era.
- Beijing Kingsoft Cloud Network Technology Co., Ltd. provides cloud storage platform based services.
- Bitmovin API based products help developers around the world solve the most complex video problems with cloud native software that runs anywhere.
- Blameless Inc helps teams go beyond just incident management to managing the complete cycle of site reliability engineering.
- CodeBlocks LLC is a free C, C++ and Fortran IDE built to meet the most demanding needs of its users.
- Cognitive Cloud Solutions Sp. is a top-tier software consultancy company that focuses on Programmable Infrastructure and Cloud Native applications.
- Cuemby LLC is a technology specialist helping business build sustainable ecosystems based on native cloud technologies.
- Decipher Technology Studios blends expressive visual design, perceptive data analysis, and secure multi-sensor totality to extend your contextual awareness and bring you clarity.
- dog hunter LLC is a convergence of technology company bringing together the age of IOT, open source software and open source hardware.
- Flowchain is a distributed ledger for peer-to-peer IoT networks and real-time data transactions.
- FPT Software delivers world-class services and solutions in Smart factory, Digital platform, RPA, AI, IoT, Enterprise Mobilization and more from delivery centres across the United States, Japan, Europe, Australia, Vietnam and the Asia Pacific.
- ftrack AB is a scalable cloud-based project management solution used in the media and entertainment industry to help teams meet the ever-increasing demands of post production.
- grape up is an IT consulting firm, helping companies leverage cloud-native technologies and DevOps approach to deliver software faster, better, and safer.
- Mattermost Inc. is a flexible, open source messaging platform that meets even the most demanding privacy and security standards.
- MemSQL is a modern relational database for cloud and on-premises that delivers immediate insights for modern applications and analytical systems.
- MontaVista Software provides commercial quality Linux and developer tools that significantly reduce the time and effort required to deliver commercial products to market.
- Outcert is a technology education platform that simplifies the search for professional certifications.
- ReGovTechnologies develops products and solutions for enterprises and public sector to be highly transparent, inclusive and efficient.
- Root9B LLC is a leading provider of advanced cybersecurity training, products, and services.
- Shanghai Zhuyun Information Technology Co., Ltd. develops cloud based platform and solutions and provides technical and consultation services of public cloud structure.
- Silicon Valley Bank provides financial solutions and business insights designed for growing companies.
- Squadcast Inc helps transform tech workplaces with world-class reliability engineering practices.
- Sylabs was founded by the creators of Singularity – the high-performance container technology specifically designed to enhance Enterprise Performance Computing by building containers that support HPC, analytics, AI, machine learning, and deep learning to provide intelligence anywhere.
- talend delivers a single, open platform for data integration across cloud and on-premise environments.
- Tidelift is a managed open source subscription that gives you the flexibility to build with open source together with the confidence of commercial-grade software.
- Wandclouds Inc offers both solutions and services to solve the operational and security challenges around hybrid cloud and multi-clouds networking, management, analytics, and troubleshooting.
Associate members of the Linux Foundation include government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Auburn University RFID Lab is a research institute focusing on the business case and technical implementation of RFID and other emerging technologies in retail, aviation, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Cambia Health is a total health solutions company that is deeply rooted in a 100-year legacy of transforming the industry and the way people experience health care.
- Securitize provides industry-leading tools and services for issuers of, and investors in, digital securities. They are dedicated to providing their customers with services that will ensure their funding and capital management services.
With the support of its members, the Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking (ONAP, OPNFV and more), security (Core Infrastructure Initiative), cloud (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and more), blockchain (Hyperledger) and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology rapidly advance in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
Note – The Linux Foundation releases a look back list of new members joining the organization every month.
SOURCE The Linux Foundation
Bleckwen Raises $10m and Appoints David Christie as CEO
Bleckwen, a provider of real-time analytics software for fraud detection & prevention in payments, has come out of stealth to announce a $10 million first funding round. The funding will be used to support Bleckwen’s international expansion and the continued development of the company’s exciting software capabilities in AI-based fraud detection. The company’s expertise is strategically focused on the wider anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) context. Bleckwen recently spun-off from Ercom, the French cybersecurity firm. The round was led by Ring Capital, a Paris-based venture capital firm and existing investors, including TempoCap, Bpifrance and Ineo, alongside senior management.
Built with banks, for banks, Bleckwen’s real-time, dynamic behavioural analytics & explainable AI-engine is well placed to detect the surging fraud threats in payments, such as authorised push payment fraud or the “human hack” which is growing by circa 60% year-on-year, driven by the surge in real-time payment networks globally. The platform also protects banks from the emergent risks of open banking under PSD2, where banks will no longer have full control of the end-to-end user experience and security perimeter, presenting a completely new threat dimension.
Over the last year, the company has also strengthened its management team with the hire of David Christie, a 20-year veteran in financial services, previously the COO of Euronet’s money transfer business, which included the brands Ria, HiFX and XE. David is also Chairman of VitessePSP and investor in Shieldpay, bringing with him a wealth of experience implementing and operating both fraud and AML systems in payment businesses.
David is also joined by Matt Knowles, who was recently appointed Chairman of Bleckwen. Matt was previously CEO of HiFX, and together he and David successfully scaled HiFX into a world leading international payments company prior to its successful sale to Euronet.
David Christie, Bleckwen’s CEO, commented: “Nearly $4 trillion is stolen and laundered through banks annually – circa 3% of global GDP. Existing technologies are just not cutting it in the fight against this scourge of society. Something else needs to be done and at Bleckwen, we have made tremendous progress over the last two years as part of the Ercom Group, developing solutions to bring the fight to these criminals.”
“This fundraising is confirmation of our ‘scale-up readiness’ and the support from Ring Capital and our existing investors is testament to our expertise in productising class-leading AI-based analytics in the fight against financial crime for banks. Using Bleckwen’s software, we are seeing false positive ratios drop by over 95%, the time taken to resolve alerts fall by over 50%, and a reduction in fraud loss ratios by over 60% – as compared with incumbent legacy-based rules systems.”
“Working very closely with our customers, which include a tier-1 global bank, we have developed a market-leading, payment-type agnostic, real-time capability to meet their fraud detection and prevention requirements at industrial scale. Bleckwen’s software can also dynamically adapt to ever-changing customer behaviours and profiles. We have also significantly strengthened our senior management team and operational infrastructure and will be opening offices in the UK and the US in 2019.”
Matt Knowles, TempoCap Partner and Bleckwen Chairman, commented: “Having co-founded and scaled an international payments company that processed $20 billion annually, I have extensive real-world experience of the challenges faced by both fintechs and banks in of the domain of fraud detection and AML. I have been deeply impressed by Bleckwen’s advanced use of machine learning technology to radically increase fraud detection over current solutions, but, as importantly, substantially reduce the volume of false positives (which build friction and cost into the customer journey). We see significant potential to commercialise this technology across banks, fintechs & other multi-national enterprises to help combat fraud and AML risk across all payment types.”
Nicolas Celier, co-founder of Ring capital, commented: “Bleckwen has appeared to us as the unique combination of state-of-the-art AI technology, built by a leading French data team, together with top international management with a solid track record of scaling up Fintech companies worldwide. Ring knew Bleckwen before the spin-off and has contributed to design this deal in order to help Bleckwen grow and scale.”
Thierry Sommelet, Managing Director at Bpifrance Growth Capital – Head of Technology, Media, Telecom, said: “Bleckwen is uniquely positioned to help the fast-moving payments ecosystem improve clients’ protection and transaction efficiency, thanks to a leading-edge AI technology and experienced management. We are very happy to see David Christie and Matt Knowles join this adventure, as well as Ring Capital. We are confident that they will collectively thrive in driving the company on its new phase of growth.”
Bleckwen was recently awarded Fintech of the year at the EBAday 2019, an event run by the Euro Banking Association – an expert-led forum for the European payments industry with nearly200 member banks. Selected out of a category of 16 other finalists, the company received the prestigious award based on the innovative and dynamic nature of its market-leading AI-powered platform.
KLoBot – An Enterprise Chatbot Builder Platform launches Twilio Integration to Enhance Customer Experience
KLoBot – a DIY Chatbot platform is pleased to set in motion the much-awaited integration to Twilio. With technology and social media enabling an always-on approach to business, customer expectations have been higher. Voice and Text enabled chatbots empower customer-facing organizations across numerous industries to communicate and engage with every end user seamlessly.
To learn more about KLoBot, visit us online – www.klobot.ai
“Businesses must support ease of chatbot interactions for their customers using traditional communication such as a simple phone call or text messaging,” said Ragav Jagannathan, Founder of KLoBot, Inc. “With KLoBot based chatbots readily available on Twilio platform, businesses can offer their customers 24/7 first line of support using a simple voice call or SMS to a phone number and automatically have chatbot respond to their query.”
Customers can get access to information ‘on-demand’ via a simple text message or voice call in real time. These cutting edge, no-code chatbots streamline communication and enhance customer engagement. If the requests get complicated, they are smoothly transitioned from bots to human via KLoBot’s ‘Live Agent Handoff’ skill. Watch Video
KLoBot and Twilio, together, will allow companies to manage customer relationship via automating routine tasks and processes. Early adopters of KLoBot can drastically save operation costs, improve sales, offer personalized customer service and in turn, gain a sustainable competitive advantage by discovering the benefits of this KLoBot and Twilio compelling integration.
SOURCE KLoBot, Inc.
Synopsys and GLOBALFOUNDRIES Collaborate to Develop Broad Portfolio of DesignWare IP for 12LP FinFET Process
- DesignWare IP portfolio for GLOBALFOUNDRIES 12LP FinFET process includes Multi-Protocol 25G, USB 3.0 and 2.0, PCI Express 2.0, DDR4, LPDDR4/4X, MIPI D-PHY, SD-eMMC, and Data Converters
- Synopsys’ DesignWare IP are optimized for high performance and low latency in compute-intensive applications, such as artificial intelligence, high-end smartphones, and networking infrastructure
- Long-standing collaboration between the two companies has resulted in the successful development of DesignWare IP from 180-nm to 12-nm
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced its collaboration with GLOBALFOUNDRIES (GF) to develop a broad portfolio of DesignWare® IP, including Multi-Protocol 25G, USB 3.0 and 2.0, PCI Express® 2.0, DDR4, LPDDR4/4X, MIPI D-PHY, SD-eMMC, and Data Converters, for GF’s 12-nanometer (nm) Leading-Performance (12LP) FinFET process technology. Synopsys’ DesignWare IP on the GF 12LP process enables designers to implement the latest interface and analog IP solutions in their artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, mobile, and consumer system-on-chips (SoCs) on GF’s 12LP technology, which delivers a 10 percent improvement in logic density and more than a 15 percent improvement in performance compared to previous FinFET generations. This collaboration is another extension to the long-standing relationship between the two companies, which has delivered DesignWare IP for GF’s processes from 180-nm to 12-nm.
“In response to growing demand for differentiated, feature-rich FinFET offerings, we are collaborating with Synopsys to provide quality IP in GF’s processes, enabling designers to deliver differentiated products to a broad set of market segments,” said Mark Ireland, vice president of Ecosystem Partnerships at GF. “The combination of our 12LP process with 3D FinFET transistor technology and Synopsys’ high-performance DesignWare IP allows our mutual customers to accelerate their time to volume production.”
“As the leading provider of interface IP, Synopsys continues to collaborate with key foundries, such as GF, to deliver DesignWare IP solutions for the latest FinFET process technologies,” said John Koeter, vice president of marketing for IP at Synopsys. “With Synopsys’ DesignWare IP portfolio in GF’s 12LP process, designers can efficiently integrate the necessary functionality into their complex SoCs while meeting the bandwidth and power requirements of their mobile and high-end computing applications.”
SOURCE Synopsys, Inc.
Blockchain3 months ago
XWallet crosses 100,000 registered users
Blockchain2 months ago
Australian Fintech Nauticus Targets $25 Million in Equity Raise
Latest News3 months ago
Rossi Is Betting on the Future
Latest News3 months ago
INOX Opens its Third Multiplex in Chennai at OMR
Latest News3 months ago
Wirecard Joins Retailtech Hub – Powered by MediaMarktSaturn and Plug and Play – to Empower Future Commerce Innovation
Blockchain1 month ago
RACE-CAP™ Launches RACE-PAY™, the First of Its Digital Money Apps for Everyone
Blockchain4 weeks ago
TRON Announces BitTorrent File System Protocol
Blockchain1 month ago
Bitcoin Association’s Bitcoin SV Hackathon Finalists Announced in Lead Up to CoinGeek Toronto Conference