The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 28 Silver members and three Associate members. Linux Foundation members help support the development of shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation in some of the world’s most successful open source projects including Hyperledger, Kubernetes, Linux, Node.js and ONAP. Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world’s largest open collaboration communities.
Through 2018, on average, a new organization joined the Linux Foundation every day.
“Linux Foundation members understand the importance of collaboration in order to further advance open source and open standards,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, the Linux Foundation. “Innovation no longer happens in silos, and I am looking forward to working with these 31 new members to promote growth across every industry.”
In addition to joining the Linux Foundation, many of the new members have joined projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, the Ceph Foundation, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Hyperledger, LF Edge and the Zephyr Project. For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. New Linux Foundation Silver members who joined recently are:
- Akatsuki Inc is Japan’s leading mobile gaming company.
- Alluxio Inc is the world’s first system that unifies disparate storage systems at memory speed.
- Aricent is a global design and engineering company innovating for customers in the digital era.
- Beijing Kingsoft Cloud Network Technology Co., Ltd. provides cloud storage platform based services.
- Bitmovin API based products help developers around the world solve the most complex video problems with cloud native software that runs anywhere.
- Blameless Inc helps teams go beyond just incident management to managing the complete cycle of site reliability engineering.
- CodeBlocks LLC is a free C, C++ and Fortran IDE built to meet the most demanding needs of its users.
- Cognitive Cloud Solutions Sp. is a top-tier software consultancy company that focuses on Programmable Infrastructure and Cloud Native applications.
- Cuemby LLC is a technology specialist helping business build sustainable ecosystems based on native cloud technologies.
- Decipher Technology Studios blends expressive visual design, perceptive data analysis, and secure multi-sensor totality to extend your contextual awareness and bring you clarity.
- dog hunter LLC is a convergence of technology company bringing together the age of IOT, open source software and open source hardware.
- Flowchain is a distributed ledger for peer-to-peer IoT networks and real-time data transactions.
- FPT Software delivers world-class services and solutions in Smart factory, Digital platform, RPA, AI, IoT, Enterprise Mobilization and more from delivery centres across the United States, Japan, Europe, Australia, Vietnam and the Asia Pacific.
- ftrack AB is a scalable cloud-based project management solution used in the media and entertainment industry to help teams meet the ever-increasing demands of post production.
- grape up is an IT consulting firm, helping companies leverage cloud-native technologies and DevOps approach to deliver software faster, better, and safer.
- Mattermost Inc. is a flexible, open source messaging platform that meets even the most demanding privacy and security standards.
- MemSQL is a modern relational database for cloud and on-premises that delivers immediate insights for modern applications and analytical systems.
- MontaVista Software provides commercial quality Linux and developer tools that significantly reduce the time and effort required to deliver commercial products to market.
- Outcert is a technology education platform that simplifies the search for professional certifications.
- ReGovTechnologies develops products and solutions for enterprises and public sector to be highly transparent, inclusive and efficient.
- Root9B LLC is a leading provider of advanced cybersecurity training, products, and services.
- Shanghai Zhuyun Information Technology Co., Ltd. develops cloud based platform and solutions and provides technical and consultation services of public cloud structure.
- Silicon Valley Bank provides financial solutions and business insights designed for growing companies.
- Squadcast Inc helps transform tech workplaces with world-class reliability engineering practices.
- Sylabs was founded by the creators of Singularity – the high-performance container technology specifically designed to enhance Enterprise Performance Computing by building containers that support HPC, analytics, AI, machine learning, and deep learning to provide intelligence anywhere.
- talend delivers a single, open platform for data integration across cloud and on-premise environments.
- Tidelift is a managed open source subscription that gives you the flexibility to build with open source together with the confidence of commercial-grade software.
- Wandclouds Inc offers both solutions and services to solve the operational and security challenges around hybrid cloud and multi-clouds networking, management, analytics, and troubleshooting.
Associate members of the Linux Foundation include government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Auburn University RFID Lab is a research institute focusing on the business case and technical implementation of RFID and other emerging technologies in retail, aviation, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Cambia Health is a total health solutions company that is deeply rooted in a 100-year legacy of transforming the industry and the way people experience health care.
- Securitize provides industry-leading tools and services for issuers of, and investors in, digital securities. They are dedicated to providing their customers with services that will ensure their funding and capital management services.
With the support of its members, the Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking (ONAP, OPNFV and more), security (Core Infrastructure Initiative), cloud (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and more), blockchain (Hyperledger) and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology rapidly advance in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
Note – The Linux Foundation releases a look back list of new members joining the organization every month.
SOURCE The Linux Foundation
Wirex Launches Enhanced Cryptoback™
Today, payments platform Wirex launched a supercharged update of their revolutionary Cryptoback rewards programme. Customers can now earn up to 1.5% back in Bitcoin on Wirex Visa card purchases.
Released in 2018, Cryptoback was the world’s first rewards programme that paid out 0.5% in cryptocurrency for all in-store spending with the Wirex Visa card. Thanks to the recent launch of the Wirex Token (WXT), customers can now triple the amount of BTC they earn – making investing in cryptocurrency easier than ever before.
Depending on the amount of WXT held, in-store Wirex card purchases now generate up to 1.5% in Bitcoin. There are three levels of crypto rewards available:
- 500,000 WXT = 1.5% Cryptoback
- 100,000 WXT = 1.0% Cryptoback
- 50,000 WXT = 0.75% Cryptoback
Wirex have calculated that the average UK consumer stands to earn more than £300 in Cryptoback every year, just by using their Wirex Visa card for day-to-day spending. Unlike many other cashback programmes, Wirex doesn’t impose restrictions on what customers can do with their rewards. Cryptoback can be redeemed instantly into their Bitcoin accounts, or quickly and easily exchanged into fiat for spending.
Enhanced Cryptoback is just one of the ways that holding Wirex Tokens allows customers to get even more out of their account. They can also enjoy heavily discounted fees based on the same structure, with access to premium products, merchant offers and airport lounges coming soon. As Wirex co-founder Pavel Matveev explains:
“We created the Wirex Token to be something that provides tangible value and benefits for holders beyond its market trajectory. Enhanced Cryptoback is the perfect example of this, as it allows customers to earn and invest in digital currency with a minimum of fuss. We’re looking forward to introducing even more benefits for WXT holders soon.”
MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab Convenes Top Researchers for Second Annual AI Research Week
The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab (NYSE: IBM) is hosting its second annual AI Research Week, September 16-20, in Cambridge, MA. The five-day conference will explore leading themes in today’s field of AI including neurosymbolic computing and semantic reasoning in machine learning, AI security and safety, inclusive design of AI for all communities, trustworthy and explainable AI, and industry applications of AI.
The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is a joint research effort to drive fundamental advances in artificial intelligence. Since its founding in 2017, the lab has become an integral component of IBM’s AI Research strategy and is spearheading 48 AI-related research projects.
Dario Gil (Director, IBM Research), joined by top AI researchers:
- Yoshua Bengio (A.M. Turing Award Winner and Pioneer of AI and Deep Learning)
- Josh Tenenbaum (Professor, Dept. of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, MIT)
- Laura Shulz (Dept. of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at MIT, Primary Investigator of the MIT Early Childhood Cognition Lab)
- Roger Levy (Associate Professor, Dept. of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at MIT, Director of the Computational Psycholinguistics Laboratory)
Additional discussions will feature David Cox (IBM Director, MIT-IBM AI Watson Lab), Lisa Amini (Director, IBM Research Cambridge), and Antonio Torralba (MIT Director, MIT-IBM AI Watson Lab), addressing key topics including: progress of the MIT-IBM AI Watson Lab to date and future goals; transitioning AI research to industry; and self-supervised learning of AI.
The conference will also showcase research and thought leadership from scientists and students affiliated with Massachusetts Institute of Technology; the University of California, San Diego; the University of Maryland, Baltimore County; the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign; Boston University; Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; the University of Montreal; the University of Massachusetts, Amherst; and the Cambridge and Boston community.
AI Research Week is a technical conference featuring top AI thought leaders from around the world sharing the latest insights on the field of AI. The five-day gathering will also consist of panels, workshops, networking and mentorship all geared towards forging new ideas and discussion around advancements in AI.
WHEN & WHERE:
September 16-20, 2019, times for events vary. AI Research Week events will be held at MIT and IBM in Cambridge, MA. While many events will occur at the MIT Samberg Conference Center, 50 Memorial Dr, Cambridge, MA 02142, it is best to check the schedule for specific event locations and times.
Monday, September 16: Kick-off the week with a poster and networking session where researchers from the MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab and IBM’s AI Horizons Network of university collaborators will showcase projects underway that are shaping the future of AI.
The afternoon will feature a round robin event designed to help match various student communities in the Boston area with a mentor, specifically those in Latinx, BlackinAI, Women in Machine Learning, and LGBTQ. This session will include 15 tables, each with a different topic, and mentors from IBM, as well as other speakers from AI Research Week, designed to connect students with a mentor.
Tuesday, September 17: Yoshua Bengio, full professor and head of the Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms (MILA), University of Montreal, and Dario Gil, Director of IBM Research, begin the AI Horizons Colloquium with a Welcome Address, followed by a full day of talks and discussion featuring AI experts from academia and industry.
NOTE: The Colloquium (all day) will be livestreamed here.
Other Colloquium speakers include:
- Saska Mojsilovic, head of AI Foundations, IBM Research and Co-Director of IBM Science for Social Good, will discuss how people can begin to trust AI.
- Collin Stult, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Institute for Medical Engineering and Science and MIT faculty at Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology Cardiologist, will discuss whether useful machine learning will be used clinically in the near future.
Wednesday, September 18: The NASA ISS Program Science Office and the ISS U.S. National Laboratory, along with IBM Research, will launch a unique opportunity to learn about the International Space Station. Guests will be able to speak with representatives and researchers about the future of AI intersecting with the future of research in space. The event also includes a competition and special session where researchers and students can pitch “ISS meets AI” project ideas to a panel of space experts from NASA, the ISS, IBM, and MIT.
AI Operations Leader, ThroughPut.AI, chosen to present at the esteemed Plug and Play Japan Summit for IOT and Mobility in Tokyo on September 19th, 2019
ThroughPut Inc., the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Supply Chain pioneer that enables operations to increase output, quality, throughput, profitability and safety through automated bottleneck elimination, today announced their presentation and participation of their COO and CTO at the Plug and Play Japan IoT and Mobility Summit and EXPO in Tokyo, Japan on September 19, 2019. As a Plug and Play portfolio company, ThroughPut has been one of the most active global members of the Plug and Play ecosystem, being awarded to participate in multiple cohorts and events at Plug and Play Sunnyvale, Berlin, Milan, Frankfurt, Cleveland, Japan, and elsewhere, spanning diverse topics including application of AI, Data and Analytics to Industrial Manufacturing, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Mobility, Industry 4.0, Oil and Gas, Food and Agriculture, and more.
“As the leading AI platform for Operations using existing data systems, ThroughPut is honored to be an active contributor to the Plug and Play Japan Mobility Batch 3 cohort,” noted Ali Raza, CEO of ThroughPut. “Our executive team is excited to present to over 1,500 Japanese corporate executives, resellers and partnership leaders at the IoT and Mobility Summit next week in Tokyo on September 19th, as well as consequent meetings that week.”
Plug and Play runs 15 industry themes across more than 50 accelerator programs a year in cities across the world. Plug and Play’s Japanese arm has accelerated four leading-edge industry programs, and awarded participation to 69 pioneering technology start-ups and 31 corporate leaders, including MUFG, Tokyu Land, Sompo, Nissan, Hitachi, Panasonic, Fujitsu, Fujikura, DENSO, NipponLife, Dentsu, ADK, Nittsu, Norinchukin Bank, Orix, Macnica, Sumitomo, J-Power, Suzuki, SMFG, NEC Solution Innovators, Aflac, Asahi HD, Coca Cola Japan, AISIN, Kyocera MKI, Tanabe, Toshiba Tec, JXTG Energy and Shimadzu. This year’s Summer / Fall Summit is expected to receive an even greater response from startups and corporations across Japan, Asia and even further overseas.
“We are very excited to continue building upon our strong client and partner relationships in Japan“, responded Seth Page, COO of ThroughPut and eight-time entrepreneur, while adding, “Plug and Play has opened up unique opportunities for collaboration with corporate partners, clients and investors around the world, bringing together the brightest minds in the industry on a single business platform. In Japan, we are showcasing our unique capabilities to a host of reputed industrial and global corporate titans, while also acquiring valuable insights from other fellow global thought leaders through participation in the Japense Mobility program and event. We look forward to continuing business discussions with market leaders in Japan next week and especially at the IOT and Mobility Summit in Tokyo on September 19th, as well as the Smart EXPO in Nagoya on September 18th.”
Bhaskar Ballapragada, CTO of ThroughPut, commented as well, “The time is ripe for industries to leverage the value of Artificial Intelligence on top of the decades of disaggregated data they’ve been collecting in-house. ThroughPut’s ELI Kaizen-AI product gives unprecedented power to a firm’s own operations managers. AI-enabled, data-driven analysis and executable insights to eliminate bottlenecks in real-time now enable the management of seamless operations across their end-to-end supply chains. In our mission to eliminate the $10 Trillion dollars of annual global industrial waste, we are reaching out to as many industries and companies to test for themselves our ELI product and enable them to experience firsthand the power of their own data with AI, and realize the quick ROI that comes with freeing-up working capital from operations by investing in ThroughPut’s ELI.”
SOURCE ThroughPut Inc.
Blockchain6 months ago
XWallet crosses 100,000 registered users
Blockchain5 months ago
Australian Fintech Nauticus Targets $25 Million in Equity Raise
Blockchain3 months ago
Cannabis World Congress New York Presented New Symposium on “Clinical & Therapeutic Applications of Medical Cannabis” for Healthcare Professionals
Latest News6 months ago
INOX Opens its Third Multiplex in Chennai at OMR
Latest News5 months ago
Amazon listed as Visionary Leader by 360Quadrants in AI in Fintech
Latest News2 months ago
AWS Announces Cloud Innovation Center at the University of British Columbia
Blockchain4 months ago
RACE-CAP™ Launches RACE-PAY™, the First of Its Digital Money Apps for Everyone
Latest News2 months ago
Mininglamp Technology Listed in TR50 by the “MIT Technology Review”