The “Global Blockchain Market: Analysis by Component, By Type, By Enterprise Size, By Application, By Industry Vertical, By Region Size and Trends And Forecast To 2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Blockchain technology has been gaining immense traction in recent years due to its potential to enhance security, transparency, and efficiency across various industries. The global blockchain market, valued at US$11.02 billion in 2022, is expected to surge to a staggering US$265.01 billion by 2028, reflecting the growing demand for blockchain solutions and services.
Several key factors are driving this surge in demand for blockchain technology:
- Digitalization: As industries continue to digitize their operations, blockchain is emerging as a crucial tool for enhancing data security and efficiency.
- Favorable Government Initiatives: Governments worldwide are recognizing blockchain’s potential to improve transparency and security in sectors like land registration, identity management, and voting.
- Diverse Industry Adoption: Blockchain is finding applications across various sectors, including BFSI, retail, healthcare, and more, driving its widespread adoption.
- Decentralized Applications: The rise of decentralized applications and services is fueling the need for blockchain solutions.
- Cryptocurrency Usage: The increasing use of cryptocurrencies is boosting blockchain’s significance.
- Data Protection Awareness: Growing awareness of data protection and the need to safeguard against cyber threats like malware is contributing to blockchain’s growth.
Additionally, notable trends such as the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) with blockchain, Blockchain as a Service (BaaS), the Non-Fungible Token (NFT) boom, and the growth of DeFi (Decentralized Finance) are shaping the blockchain landscape.
Market Segmentation Highlights:
- Component: The global blockchain market comprises two main components: Solutions and Services. Solutions, offering essential technological infrastructure, customization options, and security features, claimed the majority of market share in 2022. Services, which provide specialized expertise for navigating blockchain complexities, are the fastest-growing segment.
- Type: Blockchain is classified into three types: Public, Private, and Hybrid. Public blockchains, known for decentralization, transparency, and open access, dominated the market in 2022. Private blockchains, offering faster transactions and scalability, are the fastest-growing segment.
- Enterprise Size: Large enterprises, with their complex processes and data management needs, held the majority of the market share in 2022. Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are the fastest-growing segment, attracted by blockchain’s scalability, accessibility, and potential for process optimization.
- Application: Blockchain applications span seven segments: Payments, Exchange, Smart Contracts, Documentation, Digital Identification, Governance, and Others. Payments, revolutionizing cross-border transactions and remittances, accounted for the majority of market share in 2022 and are the fastest-growing segment.
- Industry Vertical: Seven industry verticals are served by blockchain technology: BFSI, Government, Travel, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, and Others. BFSI, aligning strongly with blockchain’s principles, leads in market share and is also the fastest-growing segment.
- North America: The region, with a vibrant blockchain startup ecosystem, recorded the highest market share in 2022. The U.S., home to major players like IBM, Microsoft, and Amazon, holds a competitive advantage.
- Asia-Pacific: Rapid growth in this region is attributed to government support, a burgeoning financial sector, and a tech-savvy population. China, with nationwide digital transformation and heavy tech investments, leads in the Asia-Pacific region.
Competitive Landscape and Recent Developments:
Key players in the global blockchain market are:
- Oracle Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Wipro Ltd
- NTT DATA
- Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
As blockchain continues to evolve and disrupt industries, it is poised for exceptional growth with a projected CAGR of 69.9% during the forecast period of 2023-2028. Blockchain technology’s blend with AI, coupled with its diverse applications, makes it a key driver of innovation in the digital age.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/rgypes
Gamifying the Online Casino Experience with NFTs
Australian online gambling operators are utilizing gamification strategies to enhance player experience, incorporating features like progress bars, NFTs, VIP programs, and PvP tournaments, despite concerns about addiction and legality.
Online gambling operators in Australia are increasingly using gamification strategies to tap into people’s natural desire for status, achievement, and competition. Features like progress bars, points, and tiered levels give players a sense of advancement as they continue wagering. Fun mini-games and quests add variety. Leaderboards foster social competition, while badges and trophies provide recognition.
Powered by non-fungible tokens NFT technology, players can now earn tradable digital rewards with real-world value and scarcity. Winning unique virtual collectibles and assets drives further engagement.
Loyalty Programs Redefined
A core area getting a gamification boost from NFTs is VIP and loyalty programs. Players can now earn tradable loyalty NFTs.
Paris Saint-Germain begins Web3 drive as a new blockchain validator for Chiliz Chain
The French football club aims to explore various avenues in the cryptocurrency sector, starting with becoming an infrastructure provider to Chiliz Chain.
French football giant Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) is set to deepen its Web3 and SportFi involvement by becoming a validator for fan token blockchain Chiliz.
Cointelegraph recently traveled to Paris to speak exclusively to Chiliz founder Alexandre Dreyfus and PSG head of Web3 Pär Helgosson about the evolving partnership between the football club and the blockchain platform.
PSG is the first major football club to become a blockchain protocol validator and is set to reinvest revenue generated as a validator to buy back PSG tokens. The move is touted as a way to create a self-sustaining digital economy for the club and its fan base.
The Chiliz Chain is the infrastructure underpinning Socios, the platform that issues and manages fan tokens for over 150 professional football clubs and sports teams. PSG was an early adopter of the technology and launched its fan token on Chiliz in September 2018.
The club intends to explore opportunities in the broader cryptocurrency, Web3 and SportFi spaces, with Helgosson spearheading the efforts.
Venture capital firm Animoca Brands joined Chiliz Chain as a validator of its proof-of-stake protocol in November 2023 after Chiliz revamped its tokenomics model. Chiliz introduced a new inflation-staking rewards mechanism for CHZ holders and the integration of the transaction fee protocol burning scheme EIP-1559.
PSG gets first shot at token buy-back mechanism
Helgosson told Cointelegraph that PSG will use its accrued revenue as a node validator to carry out PSG fan token buybacks from public marketplaces. The buybacks will be automated and executed by smart contracts through its validator and on decentralized exchanges on the Chiliz Chain.
The program aims to increase revenue from the club’s validator through gas fees and supply inflation that are reinvested into PSG tokens. The club is interested in refreshing its token reserves to create a self-sustaining economy:
“We’re aiming to build a sustainable tokenomics model together where the club, because of our role as a node validator, can use the profits to buy back fan tokens and use them to reinvest back into the fan ecosystem.”
Helgosson says the move is expected to provide rewards, new utilities, functions, products and services that will benefit PSG tokenholders, sponsors and players.
PSG and Chiliz are also planning a blockchain hackathon hosted at the club’s iconic Parc des Princes stadium in the summer. The event aims to attract developers to build decentralized applications and products incorporating PSG tokens on the Chiliz Chain.
An alternative for sports organizations
Dreyfus tells Cointelegraph that PSG’s move to become a validator could be a catalyst for other clubs to follow suit and better understand how the ecosystem’s tokenomics work.
“As for the drawcard, PSG is going to play an active role in the operations of the Chiliz ecosystem, meaning they will help build trust and attract more brands and developers, also by co-hosting hackathons with us at their stadium,” Dreyfus explained.
Chiliz and Socios have been focused on building products and experiences for the broader sports industry. Dreyfus believes that its protocol needs stakeholders from the space to participate in its governance and ongoing operation.
The Chiliz founder says his long-term goal is to have dozens to hundreds of validators comprised of sports organizations, fan-owned nodes and cryptocurrency firms. The hope is that PSG’s move will prompt other major clubs to consider becoming node operators.
“This is a new income source for them, diversification, but also being part of the network effect brings value to everybody involved.”
PSG’s Web3 play
Off-the-record conversations with Helgosson reveal that PSG is ambitiously exploring a multitude of ways to diversify revenues and offerings in the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem.
The club’s investment in becoming an infrastructure operator of Chiliz blockchain marks the start of its moves to actively participate in the Web3 ecosystem. PSG has explored and launched several nonfungible token collections, some of which offer exclusive rewards to holders.
Helgosson would not disclose the details of its investment or capital allocation for the Chiliz node-as-a-service partnership but said the club intends to actively engage and reinvest with its Web3 partners.
He highlighted that being a node validator is a core component in building a sustainable tokenomics model for the Paris Saint-Germain Fan Token ecosystem and Chiliz.
The post Paris Saint-Germain begins Web3 drive as a new blockchain validator for Chiliz Chain appeared first on HIPTHER Alerts.
Luxury brand blockchain platform Arianee aims to scale, launches L2 on Polygon
Arianee has launched a Polygon CDK-powered layer 2 to issue and manage digital product passports for various luxury brands and companies.
Luxury brand blockchain infrastructure provider Arianee has developed a new layer 2 built on Polygon to scale its digital product passport platform used by various luxury brands and companies.
Arianee has been developing the optimized layer 2 since early 2023, using Polygon’s zero-knowledge proof (ZK-proof)-powered Chain Development Kit (CDK). Arianee co-founder and CEO Pierre-Nicolas Hurstel spoke to Cointelegraph about its reengineered infrastructure, allowing brands and developers to design highly customizable, cost-effective and performant digital passports and tokens linked to real-world products and assets.
“We exclusively build on EVM [Ethereum Virtual Machine], catering to enterprise and scalable use cases. When striving to deliver a service that operates seamlessly, universally and with predictable costs, it remains hard and risky to build on L1 or even on Polygon mainnet,” Hurstel explains.
The Arianee CEO said the company is focused on supporting brands engaged in scalable, high-performance and evolutive projects, which “demand an environment allowing precise control over efficiency in terms of both costs and energy consumption.”
Arianee’s native protocol token will be used for payments within the Polygon CDK application-specific chain (appchain), which is bridged to the Aria20 ERC-20 token on the Ethereum mainnet. Launching the layer-2 appchain will allow brands to launch and manage their digital product passport and loyalty tokens.
Arianee is currently the infrastructure provider to more than 40 brands, including Breitling, Moncler, Yves Saint Laurent and Lacoste. Luxury watch brands like Breitling issue digital product passports on the protocol to give owners blockchain-based proof of ownership.
These digital passports are nonfungible tokens (NFTs) that provide customizable utility for their real-world counterparts. Owners own and control their data and can interact with manufacturers to organize and manage product repairs, warranties, insurance and other services.
Polygon’s CDK is expected to deliver increased scalability and performance driven by ZK-proof technology. Brands using Ethereum’s ERC-721 token standard to issue NFTs and digital passports can also integrate existing infrastructure to Arianee’s protocol using the Polygon CDK.
Another drawcard of the new layer-2 functionality is the provision of block space dedicated to individual applications on the protocol. This is touted to reduce the impact on user experience as a result of high network activity. Polygon’s scaling infrastructure also reduces the operational costs of applications and services associated with gas fees and smart contract execution.
Polygon released a new Type 1 prover in February, allowing ecosystem chains like optimistic rollups to unlock ZK-proofs’ layer-2 functionality. The open-source technology unlocks the ability to generate ZK-proofs for mainnet Ethereum blocks at near-zero cost.
The post Luxury brand blockchain platform Arianee aims to scale, launches L2 on Polygon appeared first on HIPTHER Alerts.
- Flash News: OKX Hosts ‘Manta Trading Campaign’ Featuring USD20,000 Manta Token Prize Pool
- Flash News: OKX DEX Aggregator Now Supports Metis, a Layer 2 Scaling Solution for Ethereum
- AEVOLVE Labs: aelf’s New Incubator Spearheading Web3 Innovation
- Bybit Celebrates 2 Years of Peer-to-Peer Trading with Special Giveaway
- Bybit’s P2P Platform Sets New Standards for Crypto/Fiat Swaps and Zero Fees
- Flash News: Native Integrates OKX Wallet for Seamless Access
- Gamifying the Online Casino Experience with NFTs
- Paris Saint-Germain begins Web3 drive as a new blockchain validator for Chiliz Chain
- Luxury brand blockchain platform Arianee aims to scale, launches L2 on Polygon
- Vitalik Buterin Floats Idea of AI-Based Code Audits, Ethereum Project Developers Back Him Up
- Chiliz (CHZ) Chain Announces Tokenomics 2.0 with Inflation Model and Burn Mechanism
- Farquhar Venture Capital partners with TZ Apac to accelerate Web3 games on the Tezos blockchain
- DeFi Technologies Inc. Announces Record AUM of C$590 Million, Launch of Valour Inc.’s Ripple (XRP) and Binance (BNB) ETPs
- RevoluGROUP Canada Inc. Issues Incentive Share Options
- Bybit Web3 Introduces Airdrop Arcade: The Quest-to-earn Gateway with a Fresh Take on Airdrop Excitement
- Global Payout, Inc.
Since the Company’s inception in 2009, Global Payout, Inc. has been a leading provider of compreh...
- MTrac Tech Corp.
MTrac Tech Corporation, a Nevada Corporation, is a privately held, wholly owned subsidiary of Glo...
Net1 is a leading provider of transaction processing services, financial inclusion products ...
- uBUCK Technologies SEZC
Based in Georgetown, Cayman Islands, uBUCK Tech is a fintech enterprise that specializes in digit...
- LiteLink Technologies Inc.
LiteLink is a major player in developing world-class enterprise platforms that utilize ar...
- Good Gamer Corp.
Good Gamer Corp. is a privately-held technology company focusing on gamers and streamers....
Founded in 2011, BitPay pioneered blockchain payment processing with the mission of trans...
- About Net1
Net1 is a leading provider of transaction processing services, financial inclusion produc...
- Blockchain Foundry Inc.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Blockchain Foundry (CSE:BCFN)(FWB:8BF)(OTC:BLFDF) is a global b...
Sixgill provides a full suite of universal data automation and authenticity products and services...
Trending on TBE
Blockchain6 days ago
Global Reverse Factoring Market Set to Cross $1 Trillion by 2028: Optimizing Working Capital and Strengthening Supplier Relationships Driving Growth, Despite Complex IT Challenges
Blockchain6 days ago
Web3 Banking Symposium to Unite Traditional Banking and Digital Asset Ecosystems
Blockchain Press Releases5 days ago
Fuel Labs, Creator of the First Optimistic Rollup, Unveils “Rollup OS”: The Operating System Purpose-built for Ethereum Rollups
Blockchain6 days ago
Eco Bright Future Meets with Sri Lankan Government Officials to Discuss the Implementation of Blockchain Technology and Tokenization of Real-world Assets
Blockchain5 days ago
Tezos-Based Cricket Stars Game Exceeds 5k Monthly Players, 12k NFT Transactions
Blockchain Press Releases4 days ago
Bybit Web3 Introduces Airdrop Arcade: The Quest-to-earn Gateway with a Fresh Take on Airdrop Excitement
Blockchain4 days ago
DeFi Technologies Inc. Announces Record AUM of C$590 Million, Launch of Valour Inc.’s Ripple (XRP) and Binance (BNB) ETPs
Blockchain6 days ago
BIM Finance launches BIM Mining: a cryptocurrency mining revolution in Argentina