Pundi X (), the leading blockchain developer providing easy crypto payment service for mainstream consumers, announced that its digital asset wallet app- XWallet has recently surpassed 100,000 registered users. This is just three months after it was made available for users to connect their regular digital asset wallets to the Pundi X blockchain-based payment ecosystem.
“In addition to XPASS card holders, there are now more people who are able to easily use crypto at physical stores via the XPOS, our blockchain-based Point-of-Sales smart device,” said Zac Cheah, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Pundi X. “Through a pure word of mouth effort, the rate of adoption for the XWallet after just three months of its official release is quite remarkable.”
Virtual is the new Versatile
The XWallet mobile app connects regular digital asset wallets with the Pundi X blockchain-based payment ecosystem. Through the XWallet, one can easily manage digital assets stored in the physical XPASS cards, check current balances, top-up major digital currencies or conduct payment transactions instantly at physical stores. By default, the XWallet comes with a virtual XPASS card in the app for each of its registered user.
Users can top up and pay with major digital currencies, including BTC, ETH, BNB and NPXS, whereby one can transact or purchase goods and services from physical stores, with the XPOS already activated in over 250 retail outlets and verified XWallet merchants across 30 countries in the world.
Any Pundi XPASS card holder is able to pair his or her card with the XWallet to have the flexibility to make payments directly from the app without the physical XPASS card. The other benefit of pairing the XPASS card with the XWallet is the ability to control and move the digital assets within the XPASS card virtually in the event the physical XPASS card goes missing or misplaced.
“It’s ultimately about versatility and security–transactions via an internet-connected XWallet app or the offline physical XPASS cards can be processed immediately. Merchants have the option to print out their QR code found in the “Collect” feature in the XWallet and use it in an offline setting without the need for an online connection. All the offline transactions can still be made by scanning the QR code, which will later be uploaded onto the blockchain,” added Cheah.
Top countries using XWallet app
These 100,000 XWallet users come from every corner of the world and not just limited to a specific country or region. The ten countries with the most XWallet users include India, Bangladesh and Pakistan in South Asia; Philippines and Indonesia in Southeast Asia; Korea in East Asia; Turkey in West Asia and Eastern Europe; Brazil in Latin America; the United States; and Russia.
The countries with the most active XWallet users almost mirror the “Top 10 most download countries” list with Indonesia, India, and the United States claiming the top three places. The Philippines and Brazil fall out of the “Top 10 most active XWallet users” list with Spain and the United Kingdom replacing them.
“The XWallet’s geographic footprint is truly global. We perceive the typical XWallet user to be a global citizen who wants to experience the latest innovations in blockchain technology and mobile crypto payment,” said Cheah.
SOURCE Pundi X
Riot Blockchain Announces September 30, 2019 Quarterly Results
Riot Blockchain, Inc. (NASDAQ: RIOT) (“Riot” or the “Company”) announced the filing of its September 30, 2019 Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, which can be viewed on the Company’s website or at SEC.gov.
Riot today announced financial results for its period ended September 30, 2019. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $1.7 million and raised a total of $23.6 million through its at-the-market offering (“ATM”) during the nine months ending September 30, 2019.
- Generated approximately $1.7 million in revenue on the production of 157.2 bitcoin, and 400.2 litecoin for the quarter. This compares to Q3/18 revenues of $2.3 million on the production of 319.3 bitcoin, and 1,182.2 litecoin. The industry faced continuing increases in the bitcoin difficulty index, increasing 61% during the latest quarter, which negatively affected BTC production and reported revenues.
- The average price of bitcoin for the latest quarter was $10,382, compared to $8,297 in Q2/19 and $6,856 in Q3/18.
- Cash and digital currencies as of September 30, 2019 totaled approximately $18.3 million.
- The Company received gross proceeds from the sale of shares of its common stock under its ATM of approximately $23.6 million at a weighted average sales price of $3.10 per share during the nine months ended September 30, 2019.
- The Company’s financial position improved across the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019, with the Company reporting working capital of $16.5 million at September 30, 2019 as compared to a working capital deficit of $(4.3) million at December 31, 2018. Total stockholders’ equity also improved to $28.2 million at period end, an increase of $23.7 million over the December 31, 2018 balance.
- Gross margin percent, computed as mining revenues in excess of cost of revenues (exclusive of depreciation and amortization), improved to 14% from 13% in the three-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. Gross margin percent was 18% and 35% in the nine-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively.
- Reduction in the Company’s selling, general, and administrative expenses (“SG&A Expenses”) to $1,762,000 in Q3/19, from $5,970,000 in Q3/18, a 70.5% decrease arising from ongoing expense reductions. SG&A Expenses reduced to $7,140,000 from $16,314,000 in the nine-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively.
- Net loss in the three-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively, totaled approximately $(1.8) million and $(6.2) million, or $(0.08) and $(0.46) /share. Net loss in the nine-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively, totaled approximately $(16.6) million and $(46.6) million, or $(0.93) and $(3.56) /share.
Recent business update and highlights:
Riot has conducted two in-person meetings with its newly established Advisory Board over the past ninety days to begin and advance a dialog covering the Company’s bitcoin mining operations, efficiencies and possible strategic next steps. Riot previously announced establishment of an Advisory Board comprised of well-recognized creative leaders with a wealth of operational and strategic experience from across the blockchain space including: bitcoin software development, node projects, bitcoin education, start-up advisory, and venture capital/angel investing. The Advisory Board has been established to assist the Company in its strategic mission and enhance shareholder value through the advisors’ industry-leading insights and vast network of innovators and pacesetters.
The previously disclosed Securities and Exchange Commission investigation associated with the subpoena received by the Company in April 2018 is still ongoing, and the Company has been cooperating with the SEC in that investigation.
Galaxy Digital Serves as Co-Manager of Silvergate’s Initial Public Offering
Galaxy Digital Holdings Ltd. (TSXV: GLXY; Frankfurt: 7LX) (“Galaxy Digital” or the “Company”) today announced that Galaxy Digital Advisors LLC served as co-manager of Silvergate Capital Corporation’s initial public offering of 3,333,333 shares of its Class A common stock at a public offering price of $12.00 per share. Silvergate’s common stock trades under the trading symbol “SI” on the New York Stock Exchange.
“Galaxy Digital Advisors is pleased to have served as co-manager of Silvergate’s initial public offering,” said Ian Taylor, Head of Advisory Services at Galaxy Digital. “We are committed to building long-term relationships with leading companies in the digital asset and blockchain industry and leveraging our expertise to complete additional offerings for an array of firms going forward.”
SOURCE Galaxy Digital Holdings Ltd
eToroX Adds Dash, USDC, USDT and 5 New Stablecoins
eToroX, the blockchain subsidiary of global investment platform eToro, has added five new fiat stablecoins, a new cryptoasset, two further established stablecoins and a crypto-commodity pair, signalling its rapid growth, having only launched only six months ago. There are now 26 tradable assets available on the exchange.
The new assets announced today are:
- Turkish Lira (TRYX), Polish Zloty (PLNX), South African Rand (ZARX), Hong Kong Dollar (HKDX), and Singapore Dollar (SGDX)
- Peer-to-peer cryptoasset, Dash
- Circle’s USDC and Tether’s USDT stablecoins
- GOLDX/BTC pairing
eToroX is committed to supporting the needs of algo traders seeking to diversify into cryptoassets on a secure and regulated platform. These new additions also demonstrate eToroX’s focus on Asian markets.
Doron Rosenblum, Managing Director of eToroX commented, “We see the addition of USDC and USDT as a way for eToroX to further meet the needs of professional and institutional algo traders, particularly in the Asian markets. Adding five new stablecoins, plus the addition of the Dash cryptoasset, demonstrates our ongoing commitment to bridge the gap between the world of blockchain and traditional financial markets.”
GoldX – the tokenized gold stablecoin – is now available as a base currency for a trading as a pair with Bitcoin (GOLDX/BTC). Increasingly, bitcoin is being compared with gold as a store of value. Gold is viewed as a safe haven asset, and bitcoin is increasingly being referred to as ‘digital gold’.
Rosenblum continued: “Our Gold/Bitcoin pair provides a means to trade between the old and the new stores of value, making Gold/BTC an extremely special and interesting combination.”
With today’s new additions, eToroX has added a total of 96 trading pairs since its inception in April this year, and currently offers seventeen eToroX stablecoins in addition to USDC and USDT.
The pairs include: USDEX/ZARX, ZARX/JPYX, EURX/PLNX, USDEX/PLNX, USDEX/HKDX, USDEX/TRYX, USDEX/SGDX, ETH-USDT, XRP-USDT, LTC-USDT, BCH-USDT, XLM-USDT, EOS-USDT, TRX-USDT, BTC-USDC, ETH-USDC, XRP-USDC, LTC-USDC, BCH-USDC, XLM-USDC, EOS-USDC, and TRX-USDC.
As eToroX continues to open up the world of trading on the blockchain, more trading pairs will be announced. eToroX will also be adding additional cryptoassets and stablecoins to the exchange in the coming months.
Latest News6 months ago
Discovery 2019 to feature 5G networks, autonomous vehicles, robotics, ag-tech and many more leading-edge Ontario innovations
Latest News2 months ago
Xpeng Motors kicks off G3 2020 Edition EV delivery at Chengdu Motor Show
Latest News6 months ago
CEO-CMO Summit Vietnam 2019 will take place on May 31
Blockchain5 months ago
How hard is it for businesses to comply with VAT/GST obligations around the world? In which countries is it optimized?
Latest News5 months ago
Mogo Finance Technology and Difference Capital Announce Completion of Business Combination and Formation of Mogo Inc.
Latest News4 months ago
nCino Acquires Visible Equity to Drive Deeper Insights, Compliance and Advanced Analytics for the Financial Services Industry
Latest News2 months ago
CAIR ‘Appalled’ by Appointment of Trump’s New Acting National Security Adviser Who Served on Board of Anti-Muslim Hate Group
Latest News3 months ago
Akamai Recognized as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Commercial CDN 2019 Vendor Assessment