The EU shields 320,000 direct jobs across Europe from unfair foreign competition through its trade defence measures, according to a report out today.
The Juncker Commission has strengthened Europe’s trade defence toolbox through two major reforms. Since 2014, it has also applied 95 measures to ensure that European companies and workers can compete on fair terms. Two-thirds of all the 135 measures in place concern imports from China.
In 2018 the EU completed the biggest overhaul of its anti-dumping and anti-subsidy legislation since 1994. The reform strengthened the EU’s defences against dumped and subsidised imports. Against this background, the EU continued its intense activity and finalised a high number of investigations resulting in new protection measures, in particular in the steel sector. The year 2018 was also notable in that the EU imposed three safeguard measures, the first since 2002.
President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker said: “We are open traders, but we cannot afford to be naïve. Not all of our trade partners want to play by the same rules that we do – we must not be taken advantage of and must protect the EU, its companies and its workers against unfair trading practices. Our intense work in this field in the past few years bears fruit: we have now in place tools that are better-suited for today’s global economy and we will continue working to ensure our companies and workers are shielded from any unfair practices.”
Commissioner for Trade Cecilia Malmström said: “Open economies need effective tools to enforce fair competition, especially at a time where some countries don’t want to play by the rules. This report shows that our trade defence team is working harder than ever to safeguard jobs and protect the EU from unfair trade practices around the world. Thanks to our recent reforms, we are able to act quicker and our tools are more suited to the current global economic challenges.”
According to today’s report, since the beginning of the mandate of the Juncker Commission in November 2014 until December 2018, the Commission has imposed 95 trade defence measures. At the end of 2018, the EU had 93 definitive anti-dumping measures and 12 anti-subsidy measures in place. Almost 44% of them were measures applying to imported steel products. Of all the measures in force, over two-thirds (68%) concern products imported from China.
EU trade defence measures provide welcome relief to European companies. In some cases, the duties resulted in a decrease of unfairly priced imports of up to 99%. At the same time, the duties are set at a level that is sufficient to restore competitive conditions on the EU market, without overburdening EU consumer and industries that rely on imports.
The main highlights of 2018:
- Major overhaul of TDI legislation: The EU reformed its anti-dumping and anti-subsidy legislation in 2018 to react more effectively to unfair trade practices that harm EU producers. The changes have made investigations faster and more transparent, with an additional focus on helping smaller companies. These new rules, which started applying for new investigations in 2018, include the possibility to impose higher duty levels in cases where there are more serious market distortions.
- Continued high EU trade defence activity: In 2018, the EU initiated 10 new investigations, of which four concerned imported steel products. There were 14 decisions taken regarding new measures. The EU also initiated 17 investigations to review existing measures, with seven decisions taken to keep measures in place. Furthermore, the Commission initiated three safeguard investigations, one in the steel sector and two bilateral ones on rice with Cambodia and Myanmar.
- Resolute action to safeguard EU steel producers: Following the imposition of measures by the US on steel and aluminium, the EU took action to address the disruptive effects of the measures on the EU steel sector. This was necessary to avoid global trade diversion towards the EU that threatened to damage EU steel producers.
- Strong and continuous defence of EU exporters targeted in foreign investigations: the Commission intervened in around 70 foreign trade defence investigations targeting EU exporters in cases of unwarranted or abusive use of trade defence instruments. This lead to the successful removal or non-imposition of duties in many cases. The number of trade defence measures targeting EU exporters now stands at 174, as compared to 162 in 2017. This upward trend is expected to continue over the next years.
Aiozium Launched SaaS-based Marketing Intelligence Tool Powered by AI
Aiozium, a new launch of Crowdnik Networks Private Limited, is a SaaS-based platform for marketers powered by machine learning techniques in a different way. The tool has intelligence for self-correction and self-learning for better campaign optimization and high ROI.
Aiozium is a multi-dimensional platform that not only reads the data, makes sense of all the data and generate actionable insights on them, but also gives the real-time information about customer behavior. It builds the trend of the customers based on a various emotional and behavioral algorithm which leads to prediction and results in an increase of leads by selecting the best marketing mix and marketing strategies for optimum use of resources which results in greater ROI.
Reason Why Every Marketer Needs Aiozium
Aiozium is marketing ally, it is a tool for all the marketers which makes life simpler and completes the customer journey with ease.
– Emotional Algo: It is said that the only difference between Robot and Human is the emotions or the feel factor. Emotional algo consists of human psychological ethos. It analyses the behavior basis on different kinds of emotions exhibited by humans. It helps in analyzing the marketing communications, activities and asses their value. It also measures and analyses the emotions of a person towards buying the product.
– Contextual Algo: It analyses the content across various channels viz. website, email and all communication platforms based on multiple parameters such as aggression, transaction, emotion etc. It also analyses whether the user is persuaded with the interaction or not, basis on which it predicts the usefulness of the content.
– Behavior Algo: Based on historical and real-time customer behavior across all channels with prospective data listening mechanism, this model can learn, react and predict the most accurate customer flow for maximum conversion. It predicts the probability of the rate of conversion through Machine Learning, Deep learning, Natural Language processing and Augmented Visualization.
How Is It Going To Benefit The End-users:
On-boarding with Aiozium will reduce the marketing expenses by cutting down the misspend funds and optimizing the campaign to increase the ROI. It remembers and recollects the historical hand burns and successful campaigns and accordingly suggests marketers the most accurate pathway to follow. It also learns the customer behavior towards marketer’s product line. The best part of Aiozium is that it works across channels and sync with all the digital assets in a single click.
Automate, Sit Back and Relax
Aiozium is inviting the industry experts to have a test drive on their AI Marketing Ally. To book a slot, schedule a demo at https://www.aiozium.com/demo.html
Oracle Data Cloud and Reddit Collaborate to Build Brand Safety Solution for Dynamic User-Generated Content
Oracle Data Cloud today announced a first-of-its-kind collaboration with Reddit to provide new brand safety controls for advertisers around a real-time feed of user-generated content (UGC). Leveraging Oracle’s Contextual Intelligence technology, the integration will provide real-time content review and classification across industry-standard brand safety categories, giving advertisers greater control over where, and around what content, their campaigns run.
“Given the tremendous volume and dynamic nature of content across the Reddit platform, Oracle’s Contextual Intelligence will offer the ideal solution to provide real-time brand safety for Reddit advertisers,” said Kurt Kratchman, Group Vice President for Product Development and International, Oracle Data Cloud. “With Oracle’s Contextual Intelligence deployed across the majority of the addressable footprint of the open web, our collaboration with Reddit serves as a natural extension into the UGC space, as we help advertisers ensure their advertising strengthens their brands.”
User-generated content has historically presented a challenge for brand safety services, as many third-party solutions do not accurately describe or categorize the scope and scale of dynamic content online. Oracle’s Contextual Intelligence integration with Reddit is a solution designed for UGC that looks not only for specific terms but also for the context in which they are used, to help advertisers place their ads in safe and brand-appropriate contexts on the Reddit platform.
“Among Reddit’s strongest propositions for advertisers is the depth and authenticity of conversations across thousands of interest-based communities,” said Jen Wong, Reddit’s Chief Operating Officer. “Our current approach to brand safety includes effective moderation at the platform, community and campaign levels, and we’re thrilled to leverage Oracle’s Contextual Intelligence to offer yet another layer of brand safety that’s 3rd-party verified and customized for Reddit’s engagement. Our work with Oracle will be the first time a UGC platform has embarked on a verified brand safety solution for custom feeds, and we’re excited to evolve the product and relationship to meet the demands of the market.”
Carson Crosses $10 Billion in Assets; Sets Sights on Deepening Value to Partner Firms
Carson Group, one of the fastest growing financial services firms in the country, today announced the firm has surpassed $10 billion in assets under management. Hitting this milestone highlights Carson’s status as a top-ranked RIA and coincides with several other recent breakthroughs for the organization.
- Carson Partners, which include 108 firms and nearly 230 advisors within its ecosystem, now collectively serves more than 27,000 families across the U.S.
- Signed net new assets from incoming advisors have risen to $1.45 billion year-to-date.
- 215 Carson stakeholders now support the firm’s various advisor coaching and partnership offerings, 49 have joined in 2019 alone.
- The organization will begin construction this month on its 200,000-square-foot, Omaha-based headquarters, which is slated for completion in late 2020.
“This has been a monumental month for the entire Carson family; not only in memorializing how far we’ve come in the last decade with asset growth but also in what we’re doing now to prepare for the next chapter,” said Ron Carson, founder and CEO of Carson Group. “We’re laying the groundwork for what I believe will be a 100-year company. We’re not plotting a quick and profitable exit or looking to sell; we’re building something bigger than ourselves here. Something we intend will forever change the world of financial advice for the better.”
Carson is constantly looking to expand and improve the ecosystem it offers partner firms. By doing so, it’s experienced tremendous growth in a time of change in the profession. From the recent Regulation Best Interest Rule to industry consolidation and an aging advisor population, the organization provides financial advisors a path to navigate disruption.
Due to Carson’s fast-paced growth, proactive moves are being made, including a plan to hire between 30 and 40 additional stakeholders through the end of 2019, releasing further iterations of client-facing technology and tools to enhance the experience advisors are providing, and expanding departmental support to ensure advisors are well-equipped to take advantage of the competitive landscape for attracting new business.
“We aim to build – and become – that fast-growing, innovative hub for financial services, because we know our competitive advantage is that we can move faster and do more for our clients, for less,” said Aaron Schaben, Executive Vice President of Carson. “Every decision we’re making right now – and every new partner we consider – must always bring us a step closer to doing what’s right for our clients. Advisors are seeing Carson deliver on that promise, and that is what most excites me as we look ahead to our future growth.”
In addition to being a mainstay in the Barron’s annual list of top wealth management firms, Carson Group remains among the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies, has been recognized for two consecutive years by InvestmentNews as a top-50 firm for Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors, and was awarded a Best Places to Work in FinTech by American Banker.
SOURCE Carson Group
Blockchain3 months ago
XWallet crosses 100,000 registered users
Blockchain2 months ago
Australian Fintech Nauticus Targets $25 Million in Equity Raise
Latest News3 months ago
Rossi Is Betting on the Future
Latest News3 months ago
INOX Opens its Third Multiplex in Chennai at OMR
Latest News3 months ago
Wirecard Joins Retailtech Hub – Powered by MediaMarktSaturn and Plug and Play – to Empower Future Commerce Innovation
Blockchain1 month ago
RACE-CAP™ Launches RACE-PAY™, the First of Its Digital Money Apps for Everyone
Latest News3 months ago
Commissioner Navracsics in Ireland for first Cultural Heritage Platform
Latest News2 months ago
VC Investment In The U.S. Remains Strong At $32.6 Billion In Q1′ 2019 With Unicorn IPOS Looming: KPMG Report