ST. JULIAN’S, Malta, Aug. 16, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Gaming Innovation Group Inc. (GiG) reports Q2 2023 revenues* of €31.1 million and an adjusted EBITDA of €14.0 million.
“The second quarter of 2023 has proven another step forward for GiG with the business reaching another all-time high in revenues. We now look into the second half of the year with total focus on ensuring strong growth mechanics, continued operational improvement and long-term scalability for GiG,” says Richard Brown, CEO of GiG.
- Gaming Innovation Group achieved all-time high revenues* in Q2 2023 amounting to €31.1m (22.1), an increase of 40% YoY, whereof 22% organic
- Adjusted EBITDA was €14.0m (8.3), up 68%, adjusted EBITDA margin* increased to 45.0% (37.5%) an all-time high and strong progress towards financial target goal of 50%
- EBIT was €6.6m (2.4), an increase of 173% YoY, with an EBIT margin* of 21.1% (10.8%)
- Revenues in GiG Media at all-time high of €21.7m (14.8), an increase of 47% (20% organic), with an adjusted EBITDA of €10.3 (7.0)
- Revenues* for Platform & Sportsbook were €9.3m (7.3), an increase of 27%, all organic, with adjusted EBITDA of €3.7m (1.3), adjusted EBITDA margin* increased to 39.7% (17.2%)
- Profit before tax was €6.6m (2.2), an increase of 197% YoY
- EPS was €0.05 (0.01)
- Positive cash flow from operations of €9.1m (9.5))
- FTDs for GiG Media ended at 109,400 (79,400), up 38% YoY
- Ask Gamblers continued positive momentum with revenues in July up 45% from run rate at take over
- Signed final agreement with Palasino, powering the online entry of Trans World Hotels & Entertainment retail business through Palasino.com
- Platform & Sportsbook awarded licenses in Pennsylvania and Maryland, US and the new gambling software provider license in Sweden
- Successful launch and completion of migration of all GiG legacy Sportsbook clients to Sportnco solution
- Launched two new brands and signed three new agreements for Platform & Sportsbook in the quarter
- Awarded Full-service Platform Provider and Multi-channel Supplier of the year at the 2023 EGR B2B award
Events after Q2
- Signed one new agreement and three HOTs for Platform & Sportsbook
- Five additional brands have gone live so far in Q3 2023, including new market entries in Serbia and further expansion into Latin America, number of live brands is 65 as of today
- GiG’s platform and sportsbook live in the U.S. state of Maryland
- Appointed Richard Carter as new Platform & Sportsbook CEO and Jonas Warrer as CEO for GiG Media
- July has developed positively, and revenues are up 30% compared to the same period last year, whereof 10% organic growth
*Revenues are adjusted for revenues from a platform client where GiG recognizes the full operations in its profit and loss statement, which are partly offset by related cost of sales and site overheads. See Note 2 in the Q2-2023 Interim Report for more details.
Investor presentation and webcast
CEO Richard Brown will present the Q2 2023 results via livestream at 10:00 CET. The presentation will be followed by a Q&A-session, and investors, analysts and journalists are welcome to participate. The presentation will be given in English.
Link to the livestream:
This information is information that Gaming Innovation Group Inc. (GiG) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on 16 August 2023.
About Gaming Innovation Group (GiG)
Gaming Innovation Group is a leading iGaming technology company, providing solutions, products and services to iGaming Operators. Founded in 2012, Gaming Innovation Group’s vision is ‘To be the industry leading platform, sportsbook and media provider delivering world class solutions to our iGaming partners and their customers. GiG’s mission is to drive sustainable growth and profitability of our partners through product innovation, scalable technology and quality of service. Gaming Innovation Group operates out of Malta and is dual-listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol GIG and on Nasdaq Stockholm under the ticker symbol GIGSEK. www.gig.com
Gaming Innovation Group Inc. gives forecasts. Certain statements in the report are forward-looking and the actual outcomes may be materially different. In addition to the factors discussed, other factors could have an impact on actual outcomes. Such factors include developments for customers, competitors, the impact of economic and market conditions, national and international legislation and regulations, fiscal regulations, the effectiveness of copyright for computer systems, technological developments, fluctuation in exchange rates, interest rates and political risks.
The following files are available for download:
GiG Q2 2023 presentation
Friend.Tech and Base Anti-Phishing Boosted By CoolWallet’s Web3 SmartScan
TAIPEI, Oct. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Base’s new killer DApp, the decentralized social network Friend.tech, is breaking transaction records with record adoption, but is being targeted by hackers and scammers through phishing attacks.To raise awareness of the importance of hardware wallet protection and promote its powerful Web3 SmartScan transaction screener, CoolWallet has launched a Web3 Guardian competition.
Coinbase’s new Ethereum layer-2 chain, Base, has become a favorite for DApp developers and early investors due to its outstanding performance and the innovative projects it attracts. One DApp in particular, the decentralized social media platform Friend.tech, has driven the bulk of its growth in recent weeks. helping Base repeatedly reach new transaction volume highs despite difficult market conditions.
Friend.tech’s rapid rise has garnered widespread attention- according to the latest data, the daily active user (DAU) count of friend.tech have surpassed the million mark, with its transaction volume consistently hitting new records and its total value locked (TVL) now surpassing $35 million.
However, with any crypto trends comes new security risks, in this case a familiar foe, phishing attacks. This type of social engineering attacks dominate crypto thefts, which by June 2023 had already hit the $650 million mark across the Web3 sector. This month alone has already seen successful attacks targeting high-profile victims Mark Cuban and Vitalik Buterin and stealing millions in the process.
As a result, Base and Friend.tech users are urged to use a reputable hardware wallet to secure their tech digital assets by protecting their private keys and screening transactions.
In response, hardware wallet maker CoolWallet, which natively supports the Base ecosystem, has launched an anti-phishing campaign titled Web3 Guardian Competition to create awareness and promote its unique defense capabilities such as CoolWallet SmartScan, which proactively screens all Web3 transactions and flags malicious behavior or smart contract vulnerabilities before users are exploited.
How Friend.tech works
Friend.tech has garnered a cult following among crypto enthusiasts as one of the first decentralized social networks to be built on the Base blockchain. It’s powered by blockchain and smart contracts, where users must buy “shares” of another person in order to chat with them. Its tagline is “Your network is your net worth”.
To use Friend.tech, users must first sign up with their Twitter (X) account, create a profile and then start trading shares of other users who have also signed up. A user’s share price is determined by factors like their popularity, reputation, and overall demand.
Buying shares of another user gives you access to them, allowing you to message them directly and chat. The more shares you buy, the higher a priority your messages will be.
Friend.tech recommends hardware wallet protection
With crypto phishing attacks claiming even high-profile victims such as Vitalik Buterin and Mark Cuban as victims in recent weeks, it’s no surprise that Friend.tech also places great emphasis on asset security.
It therefore recommends that users utilize a hardware wallet for enhanced protection against threats like phishing sites. Storing assets offline makes them less accessible to online hackers, thus offering greater security.
CoolWallet’s SmartScan Flags Web3 Phishing Threats
CoolWallet (established in 2014) has since the launch of its CoolWallet Pro flagship model in 2021 pivoted strongly to securing Web3 assets, which requires users to interact with DeFi protocols that could potentially drain their accounts if they authorize the wrong transaction.
CoolWallet Pro in particular makes for an ideal Friend.tech hardware wallet as it’s one of the first cold wallets to support the Base network, and boasts several elite security features, such as:
- an EAL6+ secure element
- biometric verification (both on phone and device)
- tamper proof and waterproof design
Importantly, its CoolWallet App comes with real-time Web3 transaction analysis scanning called Web3 SmartScan.
While cold storage is as safe as can be, the biggest vulnerability remains human error or a lapse in judgment, where the user is tricked into authorizing a bad transaction or revealing their recovery seed or private key to a bad actor.
CoolWallet’s SmartScan, available on its CoolWallet App, provides Web3-native protection against phishing attempts. It automatically screens transactions and flags attempted phishing, suspicious transactions and smart contract vulnerabilities. This makes using cold storage even safer to use, and elevates CoolWallet above other hardware wallet brands.
Web3 Guardian Competition- Secure Your Crypto for the Next Bull Run!
To promote Web3 asset protection among blockchain users and help them safeguard their crypto portfolio with SmartScan until the next bull run, CoolWallet is launching a global new competition aimed at enhancing user security awareness with generous rewards to participating users.
Base is a secure, low-cost, builder-friendly Ethereum L2 built to bring the next billion users on chain.
Friend.tech is an emerging DApp focused on social interactions and cryptographic asset management. It provides users with a secure and efficient blockchain platform. The platform currently operates on the Base chain and is continuously expanding its features and user base.
CoolWallet is a pioneering Web3 hardware wallet brand established in 2014 by CoolBitX that offers users the comfort of convenient and fully portable cold storage of all digital assets, including DeFi and NFT crypto assets.
CoolWallet Pro is a flagship Web3 hardware wallet that boasts a wafer-thin smart card form factor, an EAL6+ secure element, military-grade Bluetooth encryption, and a tamper proof and water-resistant exterior, while its custom CoolWallet App offers users a choice of DeFi marketplaces, DApp support and real-time transaction screening.
CONTACT: Domo Zhuang, [email protected]
Webb Unveils Tangle Network Testnet, Pioneering the Future of Private, Decentralized Applications
NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Webb announced the launch of its much-anticipated Tangle Network Testnet, setting the stage for a new era of private and decentralized applications.
Led by founder Drew Stone, Webb is the premier cross-chain zero-knowledge messaging layer, committed to revolutionizing blockchain privacy. Backed by industry giants like Polychain, Lemniscap, and Commonwealth Labs, Webb introduces a suite of tools aimed at advancing zero-knowledge (ZK) and multi-party computation (MPC) applications across multiple blockchains.
The Challenge and Our Solution
Blockchain networks today face significant hurdles: limited interoperability, scaling difficulties, centralized control, and privacy concerns. Webb’s Tangle Network, built on the powerful Substrate framework, is designed to tackle these challenges by offering a next-generation blockchain platform.
Why Tangle Network?
Our vision is to make it easier for developers to create secure, private zero-knowledge (ZK) and multi-party computation (MPC)-based decentralized applications. Tangle Network simplifies:
- Proof Generation: Delegate computational tasks to our validators.
- Trusted Setups: Tangle Network manages complex ceremonies for you.
- Secure Signing: Utilize our threshold signing for cross-chain operations.
By removing these barriers, we massively improve the time to launch for ZK and MPC-based decentralized applications.
- Unparalleled speed, security, and scalability via Substrate.
- Decentralized control through Distributed Key Generation (DKG).
- Advanced protocols for zero-knowledge applications.
- Cross-chain compatibility with IBC and XCM.
- Easy migration of existing apps through Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) support.
- Smooth, forkless upgrades.
The Testnet launch kicks off with an in-depth whitepaper, followed by a series of engagement events during the testnet phase. Our mainnet is scheduled for a Q1/Q2 2024 launch, featuring hackathons, workshops, and a targeted grant program to accelerate the adoption of privacy-focused applications.
Testnet Quick Links
- Developers: Start building on Tangle today. Learn More
- Validators and Relayers: Help secure and maintain the network. Learn More
- Join the Community: Follow us on Twitter or join our Discord.
For media inquiries, partnerships, or more information, email us at [email protected]
ChainUp Celebrates 6th Anniversary, Charting Blockchain Innovations beyond Digital Assets
SINGAPORE, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — ChainUp, a Singapore-based trailblazer and global leader in the blockchain industry, marked its sixth anniversary celebration with more than 500 business partners at Ce La Vi Singapore. During the celebration, ChainUp Founder and CEO, Sailor Zhong reflected on the journey, “Six years in the blockchain industry showcases our resilience, innovation, and forward-looking approach. As we look to the future, we are committed to shaping a digital asset environment that is reliable, transparent, and unparalleled. ChainUp aims to champion blockchain solutions beyond the applications of digital assets and bridge the gap between digital asset markets and traditional finance (TradFi) to increase effectiveness and market efficiency.”
The DEX Renaissance
As decentralized finance (DeFi) comes into prominence and focused on returning control to users, one of the sectors impacted by DeFi are the exchanges where cryptocurrencies are traded. Data from CoinMarketCap reveals that trading volumes on Decentralized exchanges (DEX) reached $1.2 trillion in 2022, indicating a 340% YoY growth. However, factors such as poor user experience impeded the rate of adoption of DEX. Recognizing this trend, ChainUp has updated its white-labeled DEX solution, incorporating advanced features, strengthening its security, improving its liquidity and aims to provide a decentralized trading experience that is on par with commonly-used centralized exchanges (CEX).
Bridging TradFi and Digital Assets Market
The traditional financial sector has been progressing very cautiously on digital assets. As more institutions lean into RWA tokenization, they unlock unparalleled liquidity in a borderless trading environment. Amidst this evolution, ChainUp’s RWA solutions emerge as an industry pioneer, offering robust tokenization protocols, seamless integration, and enhanced security, bridging the gap between TradFi and the digital future with unmatched finesse.
Minimizing Risk and Maximizing Security
ChainUp’s MPC Wallet revolutionizes crypto security by integrating MPC technology with advanced hardware isolation, ensuring utmost safety and encryption on data. The wallet offers dynamic key-refreshing mechanisms, chain-agnostic compatibility, and eliminates single-point vulnerabilities. With efficient multi-address management and 24/7 expert support, users enjoy full asset control, scalability, and cost-efficiency, all under one roof.
Compliance: The Guiding Principle
Navigating global regulations in the blockchain sector can be complex. ChainUp’s KYT subsidiary, Trustformer, offers peace of mind for enterprises tackling compliance-related challenges. ChainUp’s advanced solutions in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CFT) show their commitment to a more secure blockchain environment.
For detailed insights into ChainUp’s innovative solutions, please visit: https://www.chainup.com?channel=pr&type=article
Headquartered in Singapore, ChainUp is a global leading end-to-end blockchain technology solutions provider covering infrastructure development and ecosystem support. Built on the mission to empower businesses through blockchain technology, ChainUp’s innovative and all-around compliant solutions include digital asset exchange, KYT, NFT trading, wallet, liquidity, Web3.0 infrastructure, digital asset custody, security token offerings and more. Established in 2017, ChainUp has offices around the world, serving more than 1,000 clients in 30 countries, reaching over 60 million end-users.
CONTACT: Jacelynn Pang, [email protected]
- Friend.Tech and Base Anti-Phishing Boosted By CoolWallet’s Web3 SmartScan
- Webb Unveils Tangle Network Testnet, Pioneering the Future of Private, Decentralized Applications
- ChainUp Celebrates 6th Anniversary, Charting Blockchain Innovations beyond Digital Assets
- BingX Collaborates with WunderTrading to Elevate Crypto Automated Trading
- OKX Proof of Reserves Ranked Highest Quality Among Major Exchanges as 11th Consecutive Monthly Reserves Report is Published
- ACX’s technology to power Indonesia Carbon Exchange
- Bitget’s Smart Portfolio Bot Enables Sophisticated Crypto Trading For Users
- Nex News Network Launches World’s First Blockchain-Integrated Web3 and Metaverse News Platform
- Bitget Wallet Quick Buy Expands Fiat Support to Include EUR/RUB/JPY Currencies
- CoinScan Emerges from Stealth with $6.3 Million in Funding
- Vestinda Bridges Web3 and Traditional Finance with Support for 100,000 Asset Pairs
- aelf Sets Up Global Hub in Singapore to Support Web3 Developer Ecosystem Growth
- OKX PARTNERS WITH SOLANA MOBILE TO BE AMONG THE FIRST EXCHANGE APP ON SAGA WEB3 SMARTPHONE
- nChain appoints Peter Coulson as its new group COO
- MAX Exchange and Bitget announce strategic partnership, marking MAX Token’s debut on an international exchange
- Global Payout, Inc.
Since the Company’s inception in 2009, Global Payout, Inc. has been a leading provider of compreh...
- MTrac Tech Corp.
MTrac Tech Corporation, a Nevada Corporation, is a privately held, wholly owned subsidiary of Glo...
Net1 is a leading provider of transaction processing services, financial inclusion products ...
- uBUCK Technologies SEZC
Based in Georgetown, Cayman Islands, uBUCK Tech is a fintech enterprise that specializes in digit...
- LiteLink Technologies Inc.
LiteLink is a major player in developing world-class enterprise platforms that utilize ar...
- Good Gamer Corp.
Good Gamer Corp. is a privately-held technology company focusing on gamers and streamers....
Founded in 2011, BitPay pioneered blockchain payment processing with the mission of trans...
- About Net1
Net1 is a leading provider of transaction processing services, financial inclusion produc...
- Blockchain Foundry Inc.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Blockchain Foundry (CSE:BCFN)(FWB:8BF)(OTC:BLFDF) is a global b...
Sixgill provides a full suite of universal data automation and authenticity products and services...
Trending on TBE
Blockchain Press Releases2 weeks ago
Blockchain Press Releases2 weeks ago
OKX PARTNERS WITH SOLANA MOBILE TO BE AMONG THE FIRST EXCHANGE APP ON SAGA WEB3 SMARTPHONE
Blockchain2 weeks ago
Nex News Network Launches World’s First Blockchain-Integrated Web3 and Metaverse News Platform
Blockchain Press Releases2 weeks ago
Bitget Wallet Quick Buy Expands Fiat Support to Include EUR/RUB/JPY Currencies
Blockchain2 weeks ago
nChain appoints Peter Coulson as its new group COO
Blockchain6 days ago
Blockchain6 days ago
ACX’s technology to power Indonesia Carbon Exchange
Blockchain Press Releases2 weeks ago
aelf Sets Up Global Hub in Singapore to Support Web3 Developer Ecosystem Growth