- The COP28 Presidency will convene the Independent High-Level Expert Group (IHLEG) in the UAE to drive progress on steps to reform international finance ahead of COP28.
- The meeting will bring together world-leading economists to define success for COP28, COP29 and COP30, and ensure leaders are ready to hit the ground running on financial reform at COP28.
ABU DHABI, UAE, Aug. 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The COP28 Presidency has announced that it will convene the Independent High-Level Expert Group (IHLEG) on Climate Finance in the UAE this week to drive progress on steps to reform international finance ahead of COP28.
The two-day meeting from 15-16 August, held at the Abu Dhabi Global Markets (ADGM), will bring together world-leading economists, private sector leaders, the COP28 Presidency and UN Climate Change High-Level Champions.
The IHLEG develops and presents policy options and recommendations to enable the public and private investment necessary for delivery of the ambitions of the Paris Climate Agreement. It is chaired by Dr. Vera Songwe and Professor Lord Nicholas Stern, and Dr Amar Bhattacharya serves as executive secretary.
The discussions are designed to prepare the ground for COP28 and ensure that the two-week summit delivers tangible action on reform of international finance.
The IHLEG will evaluate progress on the climate finance landscape and the develop a roadmap of actions needed up to, and during, COP28 and beyond to COP29 and COP30. The ultimate goal of IHLEG is to advance a holistic financial framework for resource mobilization to deliver an equitable and efficient climate finance system, as set out in the Paris Agreement and Glasgow Pact, and start its implementation.
The IHLEG will build the action agenda that emerged from the Paris Summit, as well as on the ongoing work on MDB reform at G20. The group will also explore overcoming geopolitical constraints and identifying gaps and barriers that may necessitate targeted interventions.
The meeting will be attended by His Excellency Ahmed Jasim Al Zaabi, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (ADDED) and Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM); Lord Nicholas Stern and Dr Vera Songwe, co-chairs of the IHLEG, and Amar Bhattacharya, executive secretary of the IHLEG, Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director of the IMF, senior representatives from the World Bank as well as other economists from across the world.
Commenting on the significance of the IHLEG meeting His Excellency Ahmed Jasim Al Zaabi, Chairman of the ADDED and ADGM said, “We are proud to host the Independent High Level Expert Group meeting in Abu Dhabi this year and collaborate with global experts in forging a path towards a greener, more sustainable future that focusses on ‘Climate Finance’. Concrete actions by Abu Dhabi and its entities such as ADDED and ADGM are defining the new architecture for financing sustainability. Our goal is simple and direct – to drive capital towards projects that advance the transition to a net-zero future.”
IHLEG will launch a final report on this matter at COP28 and will establish an engagement plan of actions with crucial stakeholders involved in executing the roadmap during the conference.
The COP28 UAE Presidency has named ‘fixing climate finance’ one of its four priority action pillars for COP28, alongside fast-tracking the energy transition, ensuring full inclusivity, addressing lives and livelihoods.
Notes to Editors COP28 UAE:
- COP28 UAE will take place at Expo City Dubai from November 30-December 12, 2023. The Conference is expected to convene over 70,000 participants, including heads of state, government officials, international industry leaders, private sector representatives, academics, experts, youth, and non-state actors.
- As mandated by the Paris Climate Agreement, COP28 UAE will deliver the first ever Global Stocktake – a comprehensive evaluation of progress against climate goals.
- The UAE will lead a process for all parties to agree upon a clear roadmap to accelerate progress through a pragmatic global energy transition and a “leave no one behind” approach to inclusive climate action.”
- The Independent High-Level Expert Group on Climate Finance (IHLEG) develops and puts forward policy options and recommendations to encourage and enable the public and private investment and finance necessary for delivery of the commitments, ambition, initiatives and targets of the UNFCCC Paris Climate Agreement. It is chaired by Dr. Vera Songwe and Professor Lord Nicholas Stern; Dr Amar Bhattacharya serves as executive secretary.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) is the international financial centre (IFC) of the capital city of the United Arab Emirates. ADGM is ranked as one of the top IFCs in the Middle East and Africa region and named MENA’s largest Fintech hub. ADGM augments Abu Dhabi’s position as a leading financial centre and a business hub serving as a strategic link between the growing economies of the Middle East, Africa and South Asia and the rest of the world.
- For more details on ADGM, please visit www.adgm.com or follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @adglobalmarket and LinkedIn: @Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM)
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/cop28-uae-presidency-to-convene-world-leading-economists-in-the-uae-to-drive-progress-on-the-reform-of-international-finance-301899548.html
Webb Unveils Tangle Network Testnet, Pioneering the Future of Private, Decentralized Applications
NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Webb announced the launch of its much-anticipated Tangle Network Testnet, setting the stage for a new era of private and decentralized applications.
Led by founder Drew Stone, Webb is the premier cross-chain zero-knowledge messaging layer, committed to revolutionizing blockchain privacy. Backed by industry giants like Polychain, Lemniscap, and Commonwealth Labs, Webb introduces a suite of tools aimed at advancing zero-knowledge (ZK) and multi-party computation (MPC) applications across multiple blockchains.
The Challenge and Our Solution
Blockchain networks today face significant hurdles: limited interoperability, scaling difficulties, centralized control, and privacy concerns. Webb’s Tangle Network, built on the powerful Substrate framework, is designed to tackle these challenges by offering a next-generation blockchain platform.
Why Tangle Network?
Our vision is to make it easier for developers to create secure, private zero-knowledge (ZK) and multi-party computation (MPC)-based decentralized applications. Tangle Network simplifies:
- Proof Generation: Delegate computational tasks to our validators.
- Trusted Setups: Tangle Network manages complex ceremonies for you.
- Secure Signing: Utilize our threshold signing for cross-chain operations.
By removing these barriers, we massively improve the time to launch for ZK and MPC-based decentralized applications.
- Unparalleled speed, security, and scalability via Substrate.
- Decentralized control through Distributed Key Generation (DKG).
- Advanced protocols for zero-knowledge applications.
- Cross-chain compatibility with IBC and XCM.
- Easy migration of existing apps through Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) support.
- Smooth, forkless upgrades.
The Testnet launch kicks off with an in-depth whitepaper, followed by a series of engagement events during the testnet phase. Our mainnet is scheduled for a Q1/Q2 2024 launch, featuring hackathons, workshops, and a targeted grant program to accelerate the adoption of privacy-focused applications.
Testnet Quick Links
- Developers: Start building on Tangle today. Learn More
- Validators and Relayers: Help secure and maintain the network. Learn More
- Join the Community: Follow us on Twitter or join our Discord.
For media inquiries, partnerships, or more information, email us at [email protected]
ChainUp Celebrates 6th Anniversary, Charting Blockchain Innovations beyond Digital Assets
SINGAPORE, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — ChainUp, a Singapore-based trailblazer and global leader in the blockchain industry, marked its sixth anniversary celebration with more than 500 business partners at Ce La Vi Singapore. During the celebration, ChainUp Founder and CEO, Sailor Zhong reflected on the journey, “Six years in the blockchain industry showcases our resilience, innovation, and forward-looking approach. As we look to the future, we are committed to shaping a digital asset environment that is reliable, transparent, and unparalleled. ChainUp aims to champion blockchain solutions beyond the applications of digital assets and bridge the gap between digital asset markets and traditional finance (TradFi) to increase effectiveness and market efficiency.”
The DEX Renaissance
As decentralized finance (DeFi) comes into prominence and focused on returning control to users, one of the sectors impacted by DeFi are the exchanges where cryptocurrencies are traded. Data from CoinMarketCap reveals that trading volumes on Decentralized exchanges (DEX) reached $1.2 trillion in 2022, indicating a 340% YoY growth. However, factors such as poor user experience impeded the rate of adoption of DEX. Recognizing this trend, ChainUp has updated its white-labeled DEX solution, incorporating advanced features, strengthening its security, improving its liquidity and aims to provide a decentralized trading experience that is on par with commonly-used centralized exchanges (CEX).
Bridging TradFi and Digital Assets Market
The traditional financial sector has been progressing very cautiously on digital assets. As more institutions lean into RWA tokenization, they unlock unparalleled liquidity in a borderless trading environment. Amidst this evolution, ChainUp’s RWA solutions emerge as an industry pioneer, offering robust tokenization protocols, seamless integration, and enhanced security, bridging the gap between TradFi and the digital future with unmatched finesse.
Minimizing Risk and Maximizing Security
ChainUp’s MPC Wallet revolutionizes crypto security by integrating MPC technology with advanced hardware isolation, ensuring utmost safety and encryption on data. The wallet offers dynamic key-refreshing mechanisms, chain-agnostic compatibility, and eliminates single-point vulnerabilities. With efficient multi-address management and 24/7 expert support, users enjoy full asset control, scalability, and cost-efficiency, all under one roof.
Compliance: The Guiding Principle
Navigating global regulations in the blockchain sector can be complex. ChainUp’s KYT subsidiary, Trustformer, offers peace of mind for enterprises tackling compliance-related challenges. ChainUp’s advanced solutions in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CFT) show their commitment to a more secure blockchain environment.
For detailed insights into ChainUp’s innovative solutions, please visit: https://www.chainup.com?channel=pr&type=article
Headquartered in Singapore, ChainUp is a global leading end-to-end blockchain technology solutions provider covering infrastructure development and ecosystem support. Built on the mission to empower businesses through blockchain technology, ChainUp’s innovative and all-around compliant solutions include digital asset exchange, KYT, NFT trading, wallet, liquidity, Web3.0 infrastructure, digital asset custody, security token offerings and more. Established in 2017, ChainUp has offices around the world, serving more than 1,000 clients in 30 countries, reaching over 60 million end-users.
CONTACT: Jacelynn Pang, [email protected]
BingX Collaborates with WunderTrading to Elevate Crypto Automated Trading
SINGAPORE, Sept. 27, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — BingX, a leading global cryptocurrency exchange, is thrilled to announce its integration with WunderTrading, a cutting-edge platform that allows users to trade and invest crypto seamlessly using automated trading bots. This strategic partnership is aimed at enhancing the automated trading experience for BingX users and introducing a new level of convenience and innovation.
WunderTrading is a cloud-based cryptocurrency trading platform that simplifies cryptocurrency trading experience for beginners. Users can easily copy strategies of renowned traders or create their own. The platform offers an advanced trading terminal and automated bots integrated with TradingView, allowing users to manage portfolios efficiently within a single app. WunderTrading stands out by consolidating trading tools, enhancing user experience, and introducing unique features like the Spread-trading Terminal.
The integration of BingX and WunderTrading offers BingX users a significant advantage. With access to TradingView integration and the innovative Spread-trading Terminal, users can automate their trading strategies and diversify their portfolios with minimal risk. The Spread-trading terminal enables BingX users to choose assets for constructing a spread and will execute buy and sell orders simultaneously for the selected pairs. This integration empowers BingX users to create and fine-tune crypto trading bots swiftly, providing a unique opportunity to optimize their trading while minimizing market volatility risks.
Megan Nyvold, Head of Branding at BingX, expressed her excitement about the collaboration, saying, “BingX is always striving to offer our users the most innovative and user-friendly tools to navigate the crypto market with efficiency and greater ease. Our partnership with WunderTrading is a significant step forward. With this integration, we empower our users to trade smarter, diversify their portfolios, and navigate the crypto market with newfound confidence. We’re excited to see our users leverage the power of automated trading through WunderTrading and make the most of this enhanced trading experience.”
As BingX and WunderTrading join forces, users can look forward to an enhanced trading journey filled with innovative tools and features designed to optimize their trading strategies.
BingX is a leading crypto exchange that offers spot, derivatives, copy, and grid trading services to over 100 countries and regions worldwide with over 5 million users. BingX continues to connect users with expert traders and the platform in a safe and innovative way. Please visit https://bingx.com to learn about BingX.
- Webb Unveils Tangle Network Testnet, Pioneering the Future of Private, Decentralized Applications
- ChainUp Celebrates 6th Anniversary, Charting Blockchain Innovations beyond Digital Assets
- BingX Collaborates with WunderTrading to Elevate Crypto Automated Trading
- OKX Proof of Reserves Ranked Highest Quality Among Major Exchanges as 11th Consecutive Monthly Reserves Report is Published
- ACX’s technology to power Indonesia Carbon Exchange
- Bitget’s Smart Portfolio Bot Enables Sophisticated Crypto Trading For Users
- Nex News Network Launches World’s First Blockchain-Integrated Web3 and Metaverse News Platform
- Bitget Wallet Quick Buy Expands Fiat Support to Include EUR/RUB/JPY Currencies
- CoinScan Emerges from Stealth with $6.3 Million in Funding
- Vestinda Bridges Web3 and Traditional Finance with Support for 100,000 Asset Pairs
- aelf Sets Up Global Hub in Singapore to Support Web3 Developer Ecosystem Growth
- OKX PARTNERS WITH SOLANA MOBILE TO BE AMONG THE FIRST EXCHANGE APP ON SAGA WEB3 SMARTPHONE
- nChain appoints Peter Coulson as its new group COO
- MAX Exchange and Bitget announce strategic partnership, marking MAX Token’s debut on an international exchange
- BingX Sponsored Hackathons in APAC for Web3 Talent Development
- Global Payout, Inc.
Since the Company’s inception in 2009, Global Payout, Inc. has been a leading provider of compreh...
- MTrac Tech Corp.
MTrac Tech Corporation, a Nevada Corporation, is a privately held, wholly owned subsidiary of Glo...
Net1 is a leading provider of transaction processing services, financial inclusion products ...
- uBUCK Technologies SEZC
Based in Georgetown, Cayman Islands, uBUCK Tech is a fintech enterprise that specializes in digit...
- LiteLink Technologies Inc.
LiteLink is a major player in developing world-class enterprise platforms that utilize ar...
- Good Gamer Corp.
Good Gamer Corp. is a privately-held technology company focusing on gamers and streamers....
Founded in 2011, BitPay pioneered blockchain payment processing with the mission of trans...
- About Net1
Net1 is a leading provider of transaction processing services, financial inclusion produc...
- Blockchain Foundry Inc.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Blockchain Foundry (CSE:BCFN)(FWB:8BF)(OTC:BLFDF) is a global b...
Sixgill provides a full suite of universal data automation and authenticity products and services...
Trending on TBE
Blockchain Press Releases2 weeks ago
MAX Exchange and Bitget announce strategic partnership, marking MAX Token’s debut on an international exchange
Blockchain Press Releases2 weeks ago
OKX PARTNERS WITH SOLANA MOBILE TO BE AMONG THE FIRST EXCHANGE APP ON SAGA WEB3 SMARTPHONE
Blockchain1 week ago
Nex News Network Launches World’s First Blockchain-Integrated Web3 and Metaverse News Platform
Blockchain Press Releases2 weeks ago
Bitget Wallet Quick Buy Expands Fiat Support to Include EUR/RUB/JPY Currencies
Blockchain2 weeks ago
nChain appoints Peter Coulson as its new group COO
Blockchain5 days ago
OKX Proof of Reserves Ranked Highest Quality Among Major Exchanges as 11th Consecutive Monthly Reserves Report is Published
Blockchain6 days ago
ACX’s technology to power Indonesia Carbon Exchange
Blockchain Press Releases2 weeks ago
aelf Sets Up Global Hub in Singapore to Support Web3 Developer Ecosystem Growth