Supporting competitiveness within the business world is one of the best ways to increase wealth. For this reason, in connection with the tabling of the next budget, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is continuing to submit measures that it deems relevant to the Ministers of Finance of Quebec and Canada.
Emilio B. Imbriglio, the firm’s President and CEO, said: “We have been advising key decision makers in Quebec and Canada for more than 70 years. With over 2,800 professionals in more than 100 offices, our unique perspective from both an industry and regional standpoint allows us to understand the realities of businesses, determine their needs and provide expert advice to meet their expectations. We know them well and we know that a fair, sustainable, incentive-based tax system that is better suited to their reality is necessary, as are measures to motivate entrepreneurial succession, further encourage innovation and digital transformation, and maintain the workforce.”
Here are a few of our recommendations:
1. A fair, sustainable, incentive-based tax system suited to today’s situation
Among others, on the tax front, the firm is reiterating the importance for:
- Governments to abolish corporate income tax on the first $500,000 of an SME’s taxable income, provided that the savings be invested in productivity, employment and innovation in a manner that avoids any possible abuse.
- Governments to announce their intention to reflect upon and revise family taxation and, more broadly, for the federal government, in collaboration with the provinces, to establish a review process for the tax system, that would be led by independent experts and would lead to a major taxation overhaul for the country;
- Governments to reduce the Canadian business payroll tax;
- The federal government to undertake to amend the Income Tax Act to make business transfers to a family member and also for all businesses equitable, regardless of their size and industry and for the Quebec government to undertake to reduce or even remove the restrictions that apply to shareholders when transferring a business to a family member.
2. Entrepreneurial succession
In terms of entrepreneurial succession, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is suggesting that, for example:
- Governments set up a fund to support businesses so that they can call upon professionals to help them implement a formal and complete succession plan;
- The federal government allow RRSPs to be used for funding entrepreneurs’ certified succession plans and for business investments;
- The Quebec government implement various measures to promote the listing of Quebec companies on the stock exchange specifically by introducing a new simplified share savings type of plan for public SMEs and encouraging tax-advantaged funds to support them.
It is proposed, for innovation and the 4.0 transformation, that:
- Governments create an innovation tax credit to help SMEs increase their technology investments and continue to grow;
- The Quebec government establish a program to support employee training for Quebec companies that are undergoing a digital transformation process; adapt vocational training programs to prepare the workers of tomorrow for a digitally transformed economy; and centralize the management of programs supporting the digital transformation of Quebec companies within a single department or Crown corporation;
- Governments recognize, in the upcoming budget, blockchain technology and distributed registries as a strategic and undeniable economic issue.
4. Labour and immigration
The following measures are suggested in this respect, among others:
- That governments make certain adjustments to address labour shortages by exempting from tax overtime for students and workers over the age of 65, as well as in certain industries;
- That the Quebec Government streamline the administrative aspect by simplifying the conditions and procedures faced by SMEs in recruiting labour through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program;
- That the Quebec Government ensure that the July 1, 2020 deadline for announcing the new Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) be respected and that it be implemented no later than the end of 2020. The reform of the QIIP must make it possible to protect jobs in Québec’s financial sector and free up significant amounts of money to support Quebec’s strategic economic guidelines (productivity, innovation, labour shortages, business acquisitions, etc.);
- That the federal government make adjustments to speed up processes in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) to allow newcomers (high and low wage earners) to work for Canadian businesses and to respond to the urgent needs of Canadian businesses within approximately three months rather than six to ten months; and
- That the federal government consider reintroducing an innovative business immigration program providing for a more focussed use of funds than the previous program.
SOURCE Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
Cryptocurrency Market Report 2020: Technology, Applications and Implementation for Financial Services
TCS Positioned as a Leader in Capital Markets Operations by Everest Group
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has been recognized as a Leader in the Everest Group PEAK Matrix™ for Capital Markets Operations1.
In an assessment of 24 global service providers offering capital markets operations services, TCS was placed highest for Vision and Capability, as well as Market Impact. Additionally, it was named a Star Performer for having top quartile year-on-year improvement in its scores.
TCS’ strong position in the overall capital markets segment is attributed to consistent growth in its portfolio with multiple new wins. According to the report, the company has continuously worked on creating solutions backed with the latest technology to help its customers solve operational problems more efficiently. It mentions TCS BaNCS™ Cloud for Asset Servicing that automates the servicing of multiple asset classes across custodians, brokerages, asset managers, and investment banks. The report also highlighted a successful POC where TCS powered the world’s first cross-border securities settlement between two central depositories using Quartz™ Blockchain.
“With growing competition in the capital markets segment, customer preference for digital channels, and increasingly complex regulations, financial institutions are banking on innovative use of technology to stay ahead,” said K Krithivasan, Business Group Head, Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, TCS. “This recognition from an independent third-party research firm is a testament to our vision, capabilities, services offered, and market impact.”
TCS offers a comprehensive portfolio of services in the capital markets domain. Its customers include over 85 buy and sell side firms as well as market infrastructure firms and custodians. TCS’ in-depth domain solutions cover all functions and include:
- Front Office: Research and analytics, channel management support, para planning for wealth management customers
- Middle Office: Post trade processes including trade affirmation / confirmation, pricing and valuation, portfolio accounting and reconciliations
- Back Office: Settlements, reconciliation and fails management accounting including fund accounting, fund administration, and transfer agency
Guided by its Business 4.0TM thought leadership framework and the Machine First™ Delivery Model (MFDM™), TCS has made steady investments and developed frameworks, point solutions and showcases. These include the wealth and retirement platform on TCS BaNCS, a wealth advisory solution, robo advisor and event fusion solution, conversational agents powered TCS’ proprietary tool Conversa™, interactive customer reporting, X code, and distributed ledger technologies for corporate actions, among other blockchain, robotic process automation, platform modernization-based frameworks.
“In an environment shaped by changing user preferences and pressure from fintechs, it has become critical for financial institutions to connect their front- and back-office functions seamlessly,” said Manu Agarwal, Practice Director, BFS Business Process Services, Everest Group. “Supported by strong operational expertise and digital offerings, TCS enables its customers to deliver this superior experience.”
“Our rich experience in capital market services, regulatory knowledge, innovative offerings backed by the latest digital technologies, and deep contextual knowledge places us in a strong position to deliver exponential value to our capital markets customers,” added Krithivasan.
SOURCE Tata Consultancy Services
Huobi Token (HT) Reaches New High Amid Increased Adoption and Ongoing Ecosystem Development
Huobi Global today announced that Huobi Token (HT) has reached a new 12-month high amid the continued growth and development of the whole ecosystem. As of yesterday, HT was trading at a token price of $5.27 USD, a 92% increase since the close of 2019 – and nearly a 5X increase compared to this time last year.
As the native token of digital asset exchange Huobi Global, HT’s new milestone underscores the recent progress of Huobi’s global ecosystem. Last month, Huobi Global and Huobi DM experienced a strong start to 2020 with a 65% month-over-month spike in aggregate trading volume.
Huobi has also transitioned from quarterly to monthly token burns, which are based on a percentage of Huobi Global and Huobi DM’s revenues for each corresponding period. For Huobi’s first monthly burn, 4.057 million HT were repurchased and destroyed in January, which has a current market value of $21.4 million USD. A total of 45.838 million tokens have been burned to date.
“2020 is a pivotal year for Huobi as we enter new global markets and continue expanding our product line-up for both institutional and retail audiences,” said Ciara Sun, Vice President of Global Business at Huobi Group. “HT is a foundational part of the Huobi ecosystem, so we are deeply committed to its success.”
HT Product Roadmap
As part of a longer-term strategic roadmap for HT, Huobi has a number of upcoming initiatives planned that aims to further increase the token’s utility for the broader blockchain and crypto community.
Huobi DM’s new Perpetual Contract product, which is currently undergoing internal testing and nearing public launch, will be incorporated into the HT Token Burn Program. HT will also play an integral role in the ecosystem of Huobi Chain, a regulator-friendly financial blockchain that’s slated for testnet launch in the near future.
Additional features in development include HT margin trading with up to 2X leverage, which is expected to launch in March, and collateralized HT for peer-to-peer crypto lending and pledged loan contract assets.
HT Ecosystem Adoption
To further expand HT’s utility beyond the Huobi ecosystem, Huobi is accelerating efforts to integrate with third-party partners, including international credit cards, digital bank cards, blue-chip technology companies, and global entrepreneurship centers.
HT was recently accepted as a payment option for charitable donations to Project HOPE, a global nonprofit organization that has been providing health development and emergency relief since 1958. Last month, Huobi partnered with a leading crypto-friendly hotel booking platform to integrate HT as a preferred payment method on Travala.com.
SOURCE Huobi Group
Blockchain11 months ago
XWallet crosses 100,000 registered users
Blockchain8 months ago
How hard is it for businesses to comply with VAT/GST obligations around the world? In which countries is it optimized?
Latest News7 months ago
nCino Acquires Visible Equity to Drive Deeper Insights, Compliance and Advanced Analytics for the Financial Services Industry
Latest News10 months ago
Discovery 2019 to feature 5G networks, autonomous vehicles, robotics, ag-tech and many more leading-edge Ontario innovations
Latest News5 months ago
Xpeng Motors kicks off G3 2020 Edition EV delivery at Chengdu Motor Show
Latest News9 months ago
CEO-CMO Summit Vietnam 2019 will take place on May 31
Latest News8 months ago
Mogo Finance Technology and Difference Capital Announce Completion of Business Combination and Formation of Mogo Inc.
Latest News6 months ago
Akamai Recognized as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Commercial CDN 2019 Vendor Assessment