The content public chain project Contentos (COS) invested by Binance Labs has been launched on the Binance main station and opened COS / USDT, COS / BNB, COS / BTC trading pair recently. Within one week of its launch, COS has its appearance on 24h Volume Top. Cheetah Mobile, Ontology, LD Capital, Blockshine, Node Capital and LiveMe all expressed their congratulations and support of COS in its long-term value. They believe that blockchain technology will empower the content ecosystem and become a new engine for the evolution of the content industry.
Brazilian influencers have been all over COS mining – simply by posting selfies on PhotoGrid. COS is the token issued by Contentos. A fashion blogger posted 178 posts on PhotoGrid in 14 days and got more than 6,300 likes, meaning she dug 15,217 COS, which is about $685.
PhotoGrid (PG) image social platform has more than 40 million active users around the world. After successfully integrating with Contentos (COS) content ecosystem, PG launched the “COS content creation reward mechanism” pre-pump activity. It took less than ten days for the number of image releasers to increase by more than 457%. More than 454,263 creators have received COS eco rewards.
Creator Fran Araújo posted a selfie on the first day of the reward creation pre-pump. This picture, receiving the most likes on the same day (7/21), dug 1,300 COS for Araújo, equivalent to $58.50. According to the Continuous National Household Sample Survey published by the Brazilian Institute of Geostatistics (IBGE), in 2018, the average monthly income of Brazilians is R$ 2,290 (BRL) and the average daily income is BRL 76.33 (BRL), which is about 18.61 US dollars. Fran Araújo’s eco reward from a selfie on PhotoGrid is equivalent to a three-day income for the locals.
Fran Araújo said: “I have been using PhotoGrid for a long time. I saw the notification right when the content creation reward mechanism went online. But I just posted pictures as usual, and thus naturally participated in this activity. I didn’t expect my picture to get the most likes on the first day. I’m truly thrilled and looking forward to more activities.” The COS content creation reward mechanism not only created profit but also added her more than 2,000 fans.
Contentos (COS) implanted the content creation reward mechanism into PhotoGrid, leading a substantial growth in the core data of the PhotoGrid platform, including an average daily active growth of 135%, a 191% increase in the number of creators, and a 224% increase in the number of works published. As for the number of new users in Brazil, there was an 89% increase.
PhotoGrid R&D Director Keith Huang said: “PhotoGrid, as a mature image platform product, has been constantly seeking a symbiotic model that is beneficial to the platform and its users. Cooperation with Contentos leads us towards a win-win situation. We will continue to work with Contentos and explore the possibilities in the field of photo creation.”
Contentos Co-founder and CEO Mick Tsai also gave recognition to PhotoGrid’s “COS content creation reward mechanism: “The content industry aims at a wide range of real community users. This step (COS integration) allows us to help the content industry evolve through blockchain technology. The decentralized implementation is now clearer. By simply using PhotoGrid to edit their favorite photos, posting them on the platform, and inviting friends to like their posts, users can enjoy the benefits of creation mining. The acceptance and conversion rate of Brazilian users is amazing and uplifting. Now, PhotoGrid global users can complete a variety of tasks on the platform to get PG points and convert to COS. We will actively discuss with the PhotoGrid team to hold pre-pumps in more regions for users to experience the COS content creation reward mechanism.”
Riot Blockchain Announces September 30, 2019 Quarterly Results
Riot Blockchain, Inc. (NASDAQ: RIOT) (“Riot” or the “Company”) announced the filing of its September 30, 2019 Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, which can be viewed on the Company’s website or at SEC.gov.
Riot today announced financial results for its period ended September 30, 2019. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $1.7 million and raised a total of $23.6 million through its at-the-market offering (“ATM”) during the nine months ending September 30, 2019.
- Generated approximately $1.7 million in revenue on the production of 157.2 bitcoin, and 400.2 litecoin for the quarter. This compares to Q3/18 revenues of $2.3 million on the production of 319.3 bitcoin, and 1,182.2 litecoin. The industry faced continuing increases in the bitcoin difficulty index, increasing 61% during the latest quarter, which negatively affected BTC production and reported revenues.
- The average price of bitcoin for the latest quarter was $10,382, compared to $8,297 in Q2/19 and $6,856 in Q3/18.
- Cash and digital currencies as of September 30, 2019 totaled approximately $18.3 million.
- The Company received gross proceeds from the sale of shares of its common stock under its ATM of approximately $23.6 million at a weighted average sales price of $3.10 per share during the nine months ended September 30, 2019.
- The Company’s financial position improved across the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019, with the Company reporting working capital of $16.5 million at September 30, 2019 as compared to a working capital deficit of $(4.3) million at December 31, 2018. Total stockholders’ equity also improved to $28.2 million at period end, an increase of $23.7 million over the December 31, 2018 balance.
- Gross margin percent, computed as mining revenues in excess of cost of revenues (exclusive of depreciation and amortization), improved to 14% from 13% in the three-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. Gross margin percent was 18% and 35% in the nine-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively.
- Reduction in the Company’s selling, general, and administrative expenses (“SG&A Expenses”) to $1,762,000 in Q3/19, from $5,970,000 in Q3/18, a 70.5% decrease arising from ongoing expense reductions. SG&A Expenses reduced to $7,140,000 from $16,314,000 in the nine-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively.
- Net loss in the three-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively, totaled approximately $(1.8) million and $(6.2) million, or $(0.08) and $(0.46) /share. Net loss in the nine-month periods ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively, totaled approximately $(16.6) million and $(46.6) million, or $(0.93) and $(3.56) /share.
Recent business update and highlights:
Riot has conducted two in-person meetings with its newly established Advisory Board over the past ninety days to begin and advance a dialog covering the Company’s bitcoin mining operations, efficiencies and possible strategic next steps. Riot previously announced establishment of an Advisory Board comprised of well-recognized creative leaders with a wealth of operational and strategic experience from across the blockchain space including: bitcoin software development, node projects, bitcoin education, start-up advisory, and venture capital/angel investing. The Advisory Board has been established to assist the Company in its strategic mission and enhance shareholder value through the advisors’ industry-leading insights and vast network of innovators and pacesetters.
The previously disclosed Securities and Exchange Commission investigation associated with the subpoena received by the Company in April 2018 is still ongoing, and the Company has been cooperating with the SEC in that investigation.
Galaxy Digital Serves as Co-Manager of Silvergate’s Initial Public Offering
Galaxy Digital Holdings Ltd. (TSXV: GLXY; Frankfurt: 7LX) (“Galaxy Digital” or the “Company”) today announced that Galaxy Digital Advisors LLC served as co-manager of Silvergate Capital Corporation’s initial public offering of 3,333,333 shares of its Class A common stock at a public offering price of $12.00 per share. Silvergate’s common stock trades under the trading symbol “SI” on the New York Stock Exchange.
“Galaxy Digital Advisors is pleased to have served as co-manager of Silvergate’s initial public offering,” said Ian Taylor, Head of Advisory Services at Galaxy Digital. “We are committed to building long-term relationships with leading companies in the digital asset and blockchain industry and leveraging our expertise to complete additional offerings for an array of firms going forward.”
SOURCE Galaxy Digital Holdings Ltd
eToroX Adds Dash, USDC, USDT and 5 New Stablecoins
eToroX, the blockchain subsidiary of global investment platform eToro, has added five new fiat stablecoins, a new cryptoasset, two further established stablecoins and a crypto-commodity pair, signalling its rapid growth, having only launched only six months ago. There are now 26 tradable assets available on the exchange.
The new assets announced today are:
- Turkish Lira (TRYX), Polish Zloty (PLNX), South African Rand (ZARX), Hong Kong Dollar (HKDX), and Singapore Dollar (SGDX)
- Peer-to-peer cryptoasset, Dash
- Circle’s USDC and Tether’s USDT stablecoins
- GOLDX/BTC pairing
eToroX is committed to supporting the needs of algo traders seeking to diversify into cryptoassets on a secure and regulated platform. These new additions also demonstrate eToroX’s focus on Asian markets.
Doron Rosenblum, Managing Director of eToroX commented, “We see the addition of USDC and USDT as a way for eToroX to further meet the needs of professional and institutional algo traders, particularly in the Asian markets. Adding five new stablecoins, plus the addition of the Dash cryptoasset, demonstrates our ongoing commitment to bridge the gap between the world of blockchain and traditional financial markets.”
GoldX – the tokenized gold stablecoin – is now available as a base currency for a trading as a pair with Bitcoin (GOLDX/BTC). Increasingly, bitcoin is being compared with gold as a store of value. Gold is viewed as a safe haven asset, and bitcoin is increasingly being referred to as ‘digital gold’.
Rosenblum continued: “Our Gold/Bitcoin pair provides a means to trade between the old and the new stores of value, making Gold/BTC an extremely special and interesting combination.”
With today’s new additions, eToroX has added a total of 96 trading pairs since its inception in April this year, and currently offers seventeen eToroX stablecoins in addition to USDC and USDT.
The pairs include: USDEX/ZARX, ZARX/JPYX, EURX/PLNX, USDEX/PLNX, USDEX/HKDX, USDEX/TRYX, USDEX/SGDX, ETH-USDT, XRP-USDT, LTC-USDT, BCH-USDT, XLM-USDT, EOS-USDT, TRX-USDT, BTC-USDC, ETH-USDC, XRP-USDC, LTC-USDC, BCH-USDC, XLM-USDC, EOS-USDC, and TRX-USDC.
As eToroX continues to open up the world of trading on the blockchain, more trading pairs will be announced. eToroX will also be adding additional cryptoassets and stablecoins to the exchange in the coming months.
Blockchain7 months ago
XWallet crosses 100,000 registered users
Latest News6 months ago
Discovery 2019 to feature 5G networks, autonomous vehicles, robotics, ag-tech and many more leading-edge Ontario innovations
Latest News2 months ago
Xpeng Motors kicks off G3 2020 Edition EV delivery at Chengdu Motor Show
Latest News6 months ago
CEO-CMO Summit Vietnam 2019 will take place on May 31
Blockchain5 months ago
How hard is it for businesses to comply with VAT/GST obligations around the world? In which countries is it optimized?
Latest News5 months ago
Mogo Finance Technology and Difference Capital Announce Completion of Business Combination and Formation of Mogo Inc.
Latest News4 months ago
nCino Acquires Visible Equity to Drive Deeper Insights, Compliance and Advanced Analytics for the Financial Services Industry
Latest News2 months ago
CAIR ‘Appalled’ by Appointment of Trump’s New Acting National Security Adviser Who Served on Board of Anti-Muslim Hate Group